• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F-Car Madness; ASK AWAY; F355 & NSX in garage

I may be wacky but to me the 355 looks better in the spyder or cabrio version,with the top stowed of course.

You are CRAZY! The coupe is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better looking than the others with top up/down/off.

Let me clarify IMO the 355 convert is better looking than the 355 coupe.The 360 and 435 look just as good in either form.

What do you have again? I might be changing my mind!:biggrin:

360 spider. I drive it just like a regular car. Just made a trip to Circuit City on Thursday night and bought a new printer and blue ray player. Had to strap the printer in the passengers seat and the dvd player barely fit in the front trunk. Fun drive, took the long way home. I looked over at one point and I swear I saw the printer smiling and leaning into the turns.

Last edited:
360 spider. I drive it just like a regular car. Just made a trip to Circuit City on Thursday night and bought a new printer and blue ray player. Had to strap the printer in the passengers seat and the dvd player barely fit in the front trunk. Fun drive, took the long way home. I looked over at one point and I swear I saw the printer smiling and leaning into the turns.

How much have you already spent for maintenances and all other stuff, etc.. since you have owned the car? And how long have you had it?

How much have you already spent for maintenances and all other stuff, etc.. since you have owned the car? And how long have you had it?

not much. I have had it about a year. I don't remember the milage on it when I bought it but it was under 20k. I have all the records and the owner before me, original owner only spent like 10k on maintenance, however he spent another 50-60k on add ons, like 10k on wheels and 20k on a custom stereo 5k on a Tubi....If I wanted to just look at the thing I would have bought a poster and saved a bunch of money. :smile:

It doesn't matter what kind of car you own. All cars break. The 360 really is a solid car. I was going to go for a drive today but it is, was, then is raining again, not that I wouldn't drive it in the rain, I just wanted to drive with the top down and that isn't happening today, maybe tomorrow. :smile:

All the lambo guys I know claim that Lambo is much more reliable...I have no idea if true. They do claim that the 3 year service is NOT required though and is based on milage not time.

Theres Lambo and then there is the Gallardo so are we really asking lambo vs Nsx or Audi vs Nsx ? :wink:

The sound of a 355 with a Tubi .... OMG pure sex and even with all its problems to be seen in one is almost worth the price of its unreliability. I have only driven my friends but I loved it.

The nsx I will never sell no matter what I may own in the future.

Last edited:
There is a statement I wish I had made. :( I would really like to get a NSX again.
I know of a low mileage yellow, mint condition car on the other coast for sale, not cheap, but you get what you pay for!:wink:

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know of any ferrari's that have been driven over 100,000 miles? From what i've heared any Ferrari that is over 10,000 miles is considered "high mileage".

Could you elaborate your statement? What I mean is why do you say that? Are you happy with your F-car?

I am totally happy with the 360. I would just like to have something I could beat the crap out of and not have the worry of breaking expensive parts.

I was thinking of buying a F360 last year. I checked a couple of them out in Dallas and in the end decided to go with the GT3.

This is MY analysis:

Ferrari: F360's and 430's are significantly better than previous Ferraris. This includes all 3 series, and 550/575. I have a friend who owns a 550 and tracks it:eek:. He has plenty of issues on his cars but obviously he is not babying it. If you are moving from a NSX to a Ferrari then the 360 is a significant leap in styling and performance. The maintenance costs of F360 are actually higher than for the F430. BUT, A F430 is going to be a bit more pricey.

Lambo: Stick with Audi's:wink:. Even then - I would avoid '04 if possible. You can find a good Gallardo with 500 HP/V-10 for the price of a F360. The cost of maintenance is lower on the Gallardo than on the F360. However, it still isn't anywhere near a NSX. It is more in the Porsche 911 Turbo league.

Finally - I REQUEST MORE PICS OF LAMBO's/355's and 360's PLEASE!!!

I was thinking of buying a F360 last year. I checked a couple of them out in Dallas and in the end decided to go with the GT3.

This is MY analysis:

Ferrari: F360's and 430's are significantly better than previous Ferraris. This includes all 3 series, and 550/575. I have a friend who owns a 550 and tracks it:eek:. He has plenty of issues on his cars but obviously he is not babying it. If you are moving from a NSX to a Ferrari then the 360 is a significant leap in styling and performance. The maintenance costs of F360 are actually higher than for the F430. BUT, A F430 is going to be a bit more pricey.

Lambo: Stick with Audi's:wink:. Even then - I would avoid '04 if possible. You can find a good Gallardo with 500 HP/V-10 for the price of a F360. The cost of maintenance is lower on the Gallardo than on the F360. However, it still isn't anywhere near a NSX. It is more in the Porsche 911 Turbo league.

Finally - I REQUEST MORE PICS OF LAMBO's/355's and 360's PLEASE!!!

You stated the newer ones are better. The previous inquirer and I want to know if F-car and Lambo car when they reach 50k, not even talking 100K mileage without any problems?

Sorry don't have any data on that. I have read on Ferrari sites of a couple of cars with 65K+ miles on it but don't have any personal info.

BTW, I did a search for high mileage on Ferrarichat and found this. Might help you out a bit.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205578&highlight=High+mileage

I personally think the cost of buying a Ferrari isn't as big a issue as the cost of maintenance.:wink:

Last edited:
That Ferrari Chat link is interesting in that the miles they drive for the years of the cars they quote, '99 to '04, are what we would almost consider garage queens.

I don't get it, is the abstenence worth it? Is it that much better when you finally do get to drive it that the pleasure is so overwhelming that you can't wait 'till the next time you don't drive it for a long time? Maybe they have no where to go? Or maybe they are just broken down more often than not.

Notice, not one car had over 30,000 miles...

Tytus

New check engine light on! Back in the shop today.:rolleyes:

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know of any ferrari's that have been driven over 100,000 miles? From what i've heared any Ferrari that is over 10,000 miles is considered "high mileage".

A high mileage Ferrari is any over 40-45k miles.

Notice, not one car had over 30,000 miles...

Tytus

Umm, did you get to page 3. A 120, 000 mile F360 from UK with listing of some of the maintenance done to it. It isn't a NSX but it isn't as "bad" as the avg. italian.

What did DH say about his F355..."think of it as a bipolar, nymphomiac supermodel":biggrin:

Umm, did you get to page 3. A 120, 000 mile F360 from UK with listing of some of the maintenance done to it. It isn't a NSX but it isn't as "bad" as the avg. italian.

Oooops, didn't go to the next page:redface:

Tytus

A friend of mine just purchased a one owner 110 000km 355. We had a talk with the owner about the low milage myth when we picked it up and he told us his son placed the online ad and forgot to fill in the milage. He got plenty of calls and he said about 90% of the caller just hung up when he told them the milage.
He said Ferraris always are third, or fourth cars, this leads to very few often driven Ferraris with normal milage and a big number of Ferraris with ultra low milage and that's the reason 50 000km+ Ferraris are considered as high milage. Which is, in my opinion, a pretty good explanation.

When we picked it up.
e527dr8.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the manufacturers (F-cars and Lambo) intend to make those cars not to last long so they can sell them more, plus they would make more money on the services and parts. Let's ask the question: how many of those do they have to sell to make profits in a year worldwide? I don't believe they have sold that many so far this yr. If they don't sell that many in a year, how can the companies survive through these years? Services and parts!!!???

The Jap. build for quality and reliability.

Last edited:

LOL, that's hilarious

New check engine light on! Back in the shop today.:rolleyes:

Well....it was only a fuse ($120) to the exhaust air pump, yes there is a pump that just pumps air into the exhaust to pre heat the cats....stupid.

BUT

CEL turned back on next morning.....still in shop for more tests again.

Well....it was only a fuse ($120) to the exhaust air pump, yes there is a pump that just pumps air into the exhaust to pre heat the cats....stupid.

BUT

CEL turned back on next morning.....still in shop for more tests again.

You spend more time in the Ferrari dealer than you go to work. I think you should moonlight there,LOL:biggrin:

Back