• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F430 Catches Fire!

The original posting subject "Toys for Tots Rally" didn't garner nearly as much viewage and responses as it should have. I definitely undersold it with that lame subject line. Should have made it a more, er, incendiary :biggrin: teaser.

So, without further ado, here's fodder for poking some fun at our Ferrari enthusiast brethren! Let's have some fun with this! Let the, um, flame wars begin! :biggrin:

fcar_priceless.jpg

(Photo by Hugh)

Those cars are "Hot!". :tongue: :biggrin:

The question is, Why did this happen and why didn't he have a fire estinguisher in the car? Isn't it an option for the Ferraris? :confused: Or at least it should be :biggrin:

The question is, Why did this happen and why didn't he have a fire estinguisher in the car? Isn't it an option for the Ferraris? :confused: Or at least it should be :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people buy the option to have a fire extinguisher for looks more than function. Out of all the exotic cars we had that day, only 2 ppl were quick to jump and grab their fire extinguisher.

From what I was told. He hydrolic oil line that powers the roof snapped, pouring oil on the motor and some how causing something to ignite.

I would highly suggest to everyone, no matter what kind of car you own/drive, made it a priority to carry a fire extinguisher. Hopefully you will never have to use it on your car, but you never know who you may save by having it.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people buy the option to have a fire extinguisher for looks more than function. Out of all the exotic cars we had that day, only 2 ppl were quick to jump and grab their fire extinguisher.

From what I was told. He hydrolic oil line that powers the roof snapped, pouring oil on the motor and some how causing something to ignite.

I would highly suggest to everyone, no matter what kind of car you own/drive, made it a priority to carry a fire extinguisher. Hopefully you will never have to use it on your car, but you never know who you may save by having it.

Scary...Can you post a link for a quality extinguisher for us? I've heard some debate as to which are better. From my own experience in my line of work trying to put out fires with even a large capacity extinguisher can be surprisingly difficult since they don't seem to last very long :redface:

I use a halon 2lb bottle.If you use dry chemical in the car it will make cleanup a tough task.

Trunk not so good,if you ever need it you will want it close at hand:wink: Some vendors market some type of mounting bracket for inside the car.

Back