• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factor X car showing off a little

spartan2-3 said:
cool videos, anyone know the "Black NSX that ran against the Yellow Viper?", was that a FX built car :confused:

Yes, we built that one also. It was Ken's first time doing 1/4 mile stuff. Conditions were nasty that day in Vegas. Mike proved to be much quicker in the same set-up at a later date. That Viper is now making in excess of 1,000hp and 1,000ft/lbs.

Factor X Motorsports said:
To replicate the car in the video, total cost is probably around 35-40k. Sig's NSX pretty much has everything needed.

Thanks you so much for answering! And you guys are still going to be doing this right? Not dropping out of business anytime soon? I had heard from a couple PM's on here that you guys didnt build NSX's anymore and were kinda through with that. :frown:

da3dalus said:
Thanks you so much for answering! And you guys are still going to be doing this right? Not dropping out of business anytime soon? I had heard from a couple PM's on here that you guys didnt build NSX's anymore and were kinda through with that. :frown:

Unfortunately we are closed to the public :frown: You may be able to convince Mike to do another one though... After this next NSX, it looks like the Noble M400 is on deck.

M400 is far from a "kit car." In England, it is sold by dealers as a fully assembled vehicle. Here, It is a rolling chassis with installation of the drivetrain so that it doesn't have to go through the federalization process since it doesn't have air bags or other safety equipment. On the other hand, it does have an integral roll cage as well as 4 point safety harness. Also hard to call a 85K+ car a kit.

Tim

I remember that.... the supra wouldn't stop coming back...

better yet.. I remember the rematch that was supposed to happen the next day.. :)

x

VBNSX said:
I remember that.... the supra wouldn't stop coming back...

better yet.. I remember the rematch that was supposed to happen the next day.. :)

x

i remember that too... are you going to NSXPO 2005?

Unfortunately we are closed to the public :frown: You may be able to convince Mike to do another one though... After this next NSX, it looks like the Noble M400 is on deck.

Mikey or Ken, does this mean that you are NOT working on any NSXs anymore? Can you guys PLEASE give me a call, we need to take care of some loose ends here.

Thanks,
MikeB

Mikey or Ken,

I hope this is not true...I wish you guys will keep working on the NSX...it is your time proven and business proven concept...I am still saving for the simple single turbo setup...

Ajay

cool vid. thanks for posting. :biggrin:

mystican said:
Mikey or Ken,

I hope this is not true...I wish you guys will keep working on the NSX...it is your time proven and business proven concept...I am still saving for the simple single turbo setup...

Ajay

Ajay,

Thank you for the kind words, we will continue to work on the NSX. Our own for a change! There are some amazing products that may come to fruition if our NSXs do what they are supposed to do.

I can tell you guys that when I bought my 91 NSX in LA...January 2004...I drove it back to Vegas when I was working at UMC...they allowed me to store my car at their own place until I flew down to pick it up and drive it back to Pontiac, MI...their service is excelllent and they have the financial and knowledge backing to prove their performance...

mystican said:
I can tell you guys that when I bought my 91 NSX in LA...January 2004...I drove it back to Vegas when I was working at UMC...they allowed me to store my car at their own place until I flew down to pick it up and drive it back to Pontiac, MI...their service is excelllent and they have the financial and knowledge backing to prove their performance...

Glad to be of help, let us know when you are in Vegas again and we will catch up.

is there anyway to download this vid. everytime i use the link, the video cuts off at the best part to buffer. thanks

WealthBuildR said:
is there anyway to download this vid. everytime i use the link, the video cuts off at the best part to buffer. thanks

I have Getright Downloader...it picks up the url of the video feed and prompts me to auto-download always or when I click a link with a video extension. Good program I have to hold the shift key if I actually want to want it stream in the webpage.

Ahh, the famous video from NXPO 2004 :).

Not to bring this from the dead, but that was my supra that Sig was screaming by. At the time, it was running a t67 turbo on the stock motor, stock cams and stock ECU. I dyno'd 468rwhp @ 16psi, which was the same boost level I was running when racing the NSX.

I never mind losing to awesome cars and Sig's car was/is by far one of the best NSX's I have come accross. And this NSX is the only car to have beat me in a street race to date :)

Those comments in the video were from my passenger, who was impressed by the sound of both open wastegate cars dumping all that boost rather than the outcome of the race (it was already determined the NSX would win based on it's HP and weight advantage).

Granted the vid doesn't represent the typical street single supra pushing over 650 to the ground, it shows what can be done with a turbo NSX against a supra running pump gas. And it did make for a very popular video!

Take care
-mike

Mike, are you coming out to the SILV? We will be running near the exact same set-up as Jason on pump gas. We are also running our new twin turbo set-up, she recently put down a bit over 650rwhp, and will be looking for more tomorrow.

Mike, are you coming out to the SILV? We will be running near the exact same set-up as Jason on pump gas. We are also running our new twin turbo set-up, she recently put down a bit over 650rwhp, and will be looking for more tomorrow.

Unfortunately I am not able to make it out there. But I will be at TK2K6. You should make it out to that in March!

Wow, 650rwhp in such a light car sounds like a beast. I'd love to check it out, post videos if you can! Good luck with the runs and making more power.

-mike

Back