• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[SOLD] Factory NSX Cover w/ Red Lettering - OEM (Northern VA)

Updated April 12: $600 shipped via FedEx Ground for prime members.

I sold the NSXs, so I put them on a Miata for the photos, but the fitment was good on the NSXs.

Has some rust-colored stains by the driver's mirror (not sure from what), which will likely not come out unless you know more than me about washing stains. I say this because I don't want to deal with a complaint. I haven't tried. No holes.

No carrying bag. These are no longer located in SoCal and are now in the DMV area. Can knock off $30 if you want to pick up.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
On Ebay today you said you had a cover for the 02 - 05 and as soon as you find that let me know. I will pass on covers without the bags because its like a ham sandwich without the bread.

Ah I see. No the new 02-05 cover won’t be for sale until I decide I’m ready, and at that point it will likely go up on bringatrailer. It’s likely to be one of the last new ones in existence.

Enjoy playing the game

What's the difference between 91-01 and 02-05 car covers?
91-01 red lettering, 02-05 blue lettering SLIGHTLY different shape on the front headlight area but can be used on both.

Sorry, mooney. Not wanting to let go of something is not a game, however given your attitude on multiple occasions you can rest assured I will pass on selling to you whenever I decide to sell, not that you would be willing to pay fair market value anyway. You could always try the WTB forum.

NA1 covers are tighter on NA2 cars and NA2 covers are looser on NA1. It's more about having a model-correct cover as a matching set for most people rather than practical use. For me the NA2 cover was worth retaining due to the rarity. I have a few parts and accessories sitting around for that reason. I think of it as a collectible more than as a car cover. Sometimes you find a cover without a bag and a bag without a cover. The NA1 cover sits a little high on the NA2 cars which bothers some people.

These NA1 covers are intended for practical application and without the NSXs that went with them, I have no reason to keep them. Neither of the buyers cared about them (to be fair, one negotiated my HREs but gave up the cover as part of the negotiation), so I retained them for sale later on. If I had the wheels RC-DEVIL has up for sale right now I would have kept them and given up the cover.

Would be happy to see them go to a good home. Manners and grace do contribute to my negotiability.

Zakiu,

I think you are making a mistake with your attitude. I don't know who you are but I don't like your intentionally insulting post directed my way. Normally I can ignore an email tiger but I have decided to speak my peace since I have been a member of this forum since 2013 and have always appreciated everyone that I have met here. Let me be clear: I have never spoken with you and our entire communication connections have been through Ebay and in this single post that you made -- no more, no less. My story is simple.

Anyone searching this site will find that you have been attempting to sell these older covers for quite a while. In fact, if anyone here searches your name they will find that you have been trying to sell these same covers since last year and your posts about them are many. I read about several people trying to get in touch with you for sales that never seem to happen -- you variously claimed to prospective buyers trying to call you that you couldn't find your phone, you were out of town, or a litany of other excuses (just search "zakiu"). I don't get the hostility that you have toward me but I thought it would be good to illuminate what has been happening to anyone who might attempt to buy these special covers from you. It seems to me that you are up to something but that is just my opinion.

In reviewing our mutual Ebay conversation last week it was really a pretty simple inquiry. In my first email I asked you if these red logo covers would fit an 02-05 because I think they won't fit my car and you said you did not know but to read NSXprime. In the next email volley I asked if you had the storage bag and you said succinctly "no". I then replied "pass" -- no muss, no fuss. In my opinion a cover without the bag is like a ham sandwich without the meat. If you are going to show a car you need the whole thing, bag, cover, cable and lock. I just reread the Ebay conversation and my recitation here is accurate. If anyone wants to learn about Zakiu I will post a copy of the whole thing just to prove my case. I never expected to have you darken my door again.

Then after a few days went by you elected to reach out to me through Ebay to ask why I said "pass" so quickly and I told you that it was because you did not have the storage bags. I have a copy of that reach out by you from Ebay as well. My guess is that you searched on NSXprime and saw my WTB for the 02-05 cover and emailed me through Ebay claiming, for some reason, that you had one new and in the box. You would not show me a picture of the purported cover but you said to make you an offer. I was not offended by that since the cover was not yet for sale but my guess was that you really did not have one and that you were just trying to create drama or waste my time.

But, I had no reason not to flush this car cover rooster out of the hen house since we were talking seconds on a keyboard. On blind faith I made you an offer of $1250 which I thought was a fair starting offer to start a conversation with a guy at the other end of a keyboard but you immediately replied "pass." In my mind $1250 was a good faith offer that would not be insulting to any real seller. But with your response "pass" I laughed and replied "well played" because it seemed to me that you were just trying to mess around. You even emailed me a few minutes later and said that you hoped I understood the humor. I figured that just wasted a few minutes emailing but who cares? I saved this entire conversation from Ebay and am happy to post it here if anyone wishes to know the actual detail.

Before I ended this communque entirely, I then asked what you wanted for this cover that was represented to be new and in the box and you then said that you were now attached to the cover, not ready to sell, and that you would sell it someday on BAT. When you posted your old covers for sale again here and made remarks about your supposed new in the box 02-05 cover that you said would be sold on BAT I said here "enjoy playing the game." If you watch BAT that is a common phrase exchanged between real bidders on BAT. If that offended you then you should seek counseling as you overreacted. No worries about me buying your 02-05 cover because I seriously doubt you really have one.

At the end of the day, and I think this would be fun for everyone reading the self-induced drama here, I am willing to make a challenge that will either expose you as a talker or cause me to pay way too much. To be clear, if you post an actual picture of the cover and the bag here on NSXprime with something that proves that you really have it (i.e. newspaper article, etc) I will pay you $2500 by wire transfer for the cover and bag with no questions asked. That would be the highest price that I have ever seen for an 02-05 cover and bag. And, if you can find a higher documented transaction price for a cover I will match that.

But, if you don't post a picture of it for all of us to see then will you will stop talking about it because we don't need to waste anymore time on this.

I think you are making a mistake with your attitude. I don't know who you are but I don't like your intentionally insulting post directed my way. Normally I can ignore an email tiger but I have decided to speak my peace since I have been a member of this forum since 2013 and have always appreciated everyone that I have met here. Let me be clear: I have never spoken with you and our entire communication connections have been through Ebay and in this single post that you made -- no more, no less. My story is simple.

Anyone searching this site will find that you have been attempting to sell these older covers for quite a while. In fact, if anyone here searches your name they will find that you have been trying to sell these same covers since last year and your posts about them are many. I read about several people trying to get in touch with you for sales that never seem to happen -- you variously claimed to prospective buyers trying to call you that you couldn't find your phone, you were out of town, or a litany of other excuses (just search "zakiu"). I don't get the hostility that you have toward me but I thought it would be good to illuminate what has been happening to anyone who might attempt to buy these special covers from you. It seems to me that you are up to something but that is just my opinion.

In reviewing our mutual Ebay conversation last week it was really a pretty simple inquiry. In my first email I asked you if these red logo covers would fit an 02-05 because I think they won't fit my car and you said you did not know but to read NSXprime. In the next email volley I asked if you had the storage bag and you said succinctly "no". I then replied "pass" -- no muss, no fuss. In my opinion a cover without the bag is like a ham sandwich without the meat. If you are going to show a car you need the whole thing, bag, cover, cable and lock. I just reread the Ebay conversation and my recitation here is accurate. If anyone wants to learn about Zakiu I will post a copy of the whole thing just to prove my case. I never expected to have you darken my door again.

Then after a few days went by you elected to reach out to me through Ebay to ask why I said "pass" so quickly and I told you that it was because you did not have the storage bags. I have a copy of that reach out by you from Ebay as well. My guess is that you searched on NSXprime and saw my WTB for the 02-05 cover and emailed me through Ebay claiming, for some reason, that you had one new and in the box. You would not show me a picture of the purported cover but you said to make you an offer. I was not offended by that since the cover was not yet for sale but my guess was that you really did not have one and that you were just trying to create drama or waste my time.

But, I had no reason not to flush this car cover rooster out of the hen house since we were talking seconds on a keyboard. On blind faith I made you an offer of $1250 which I thought was a fair starting offer to start a conversation with a guy at the other end of a keyboard but you immediately replied "pass." In my mind $1250 was a good faith offer that would not be insulting to any real seller. But with your response "pass" I laughed and replied "well played" because it seemed to me that you were just trying to mess around. You even emailed me a few minutes later and said that you hoped I understood the humor. I figured that just wasted a few minutes emailing but who cares? I saved this entire conversation from Ebay and am happy to post it here if anyone wishes to know the actual detail.

Before I ended this communque entirely, I then asked what you wanted for this cover that was represented to be new and in the box and you then said that you were now attached to the cover, not ready to sell, and that you would sell it someday on BAT. When you posted your old covers for sale again here and made remarks about your supposed new in the box 02-05 cover that you said would be sold on BAT I said here "enjoy playing the game." If you watch BAT that is a common phrase exchanged between real bidders on BAT. If that offended you then you should seek counseling as you overreacted. No worries about me buying your 02-05 cover because I seriously doubt you really have one.

At the end of the day, and I think this would be fun for everyone reading the self-induced drama here, I am willing to make a challenge that will either expose you as a talker or cause me to pay way too much. To be clear, if you post an actual picture of the cover and the bag here on NSXprime with something that proves that you really have it (i.e. newspaper article, etc) I will pay you $2500 by wire transfer for the cover and bag with no questions asked. That would be the highest price that I have ever seen for an 02-05 cover and bag. And, if you can find a higher documented transaction price for a cover I will match that.

But, if you don't post a picture of it for all of us to see then will you will stop talking about it because we don't need to waste anymore time on this.

It is as simple as this, because you are clearly too self-centered to understand. If you are not interested, move on. You do not have to throw out the word "pass" or be demeaning towards anyone. It's eBay - not dinner at your aunt's house. Typical interested parties have manners, saying "ok thanks for letting me know" or "ok i'm looking for one with a cover." Most do not feel the need to let me know they're not interested any more than they feel the need to tell me they're going to use the bathroom when they get up from the computer.

To help you understand, I did the same to you. You got the picture that you were an asshole, saying "well played." I think at that point we had a mutual understanding, but clearly not. A cover without the bag is a cover. It is not a sandwich. It doesn't matter what kind of sandwich you want and you don't need to broadcast it to anyone because nobody cares. Keep it to yourself and move on with your life. You embarrass yourself with your long post attempting to make me look bad and you sound like a teenager. No need to "expose me." I'll post the conversation here myself, as I think it was hilarious and quite enjoyed it.

If you offered $3000 I'd post a picture and sell it, because in my mind that's what I want for it. Let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is. Something tells me now that you know I'm serious you will back out since your money is on the line and it's no longer about trying to make me look bad, which seems like your true obvious intention.

If you want to use the extra $500 as an excuse to back down, that's okay. I know it's a lot of money to you and I'll accept that as I know your post was more about talk than walk, and you actually had no intention of coming through on your promise in the first place. Consider it my way of giving you a way out.

As far as your attempt to make me look unreliable or unresponsive, sometimes covers take a back seat when you're selling your company and moving across the country. It's not exactly a priority at that point to carry your second phone across the country all the time or keep your third line connected. In fact, neither of those numbers work anymore and I have a new second line. But hey, I guess you know best, don't you? When you see the part where I took someone's money and didn't send them what they bought, just let me know. Until then, maybe don't say anything at all.

I've sold cars on BaT and have never seen the game playing phrase. Probably because when I list something I actually intend to sell it. I doubt my attitude is misplaced at all, but I suppose we'll see. Assuming you have the time to type "ok" or "pass." Let's see.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2023-02-16-at-11.13.57-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2023-02-16-at-11.13.57-AM.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
This is fun. My bet is you don't have it. Here's $3,000. Show us the picture. But since I think you are up to something the transfer is going to have to happen in person.

Well, you need to pull out the cover and show that as well.

Where's the picture of the cover??

Show me the blue logo and we can get this done. Logistically, we can get it done today on Ebay and here is how we do it. List it on Ebay for "buy it now" at $3,000 plus shipping and I will hit it -- you know who I am on Ebay -- it's DOCKETONE. Whatever the listing fee is just add it to the $3,000 because I don't want you to incur that expense. All you need to do is put it back in the box and Ebay will provide the shipping label and charge it to me.

Zakiu, all I am asking here is for you to unroll the cover and show me the NSX logo in blue so that I know it is the right one.

So let me get this straight:

First, I tell you I have the bag. Then you say you want to buy it. You make me an offer, and I say I'll pass. Just to make a point as I had no intention of letting it go in the first place.

Then you make up some story on prime about asking me about red letter and blue letter covers, which I cannot recollect at all, only an initial inquiry from you regarding whether or not my cover has the bag with it and our corresponding conversation afterwards. Perhaps I'm recalling this incorrectly, but this is what I see in my messages history.

Then you say if I have it you'll buy it, clearly doubting my word. "I will pay you $2500 by wire transfer for the cover and bag with no questions asked." I say no, and that at $3000 I will consider it. I am literally telling you no I don't want your money. Then you say yes. Now I, the guy with the 1200 feedback on eBay, is the one who is up to something, and you are going back on your word, even though I haven't gone back on mine.

I'm not going to hold you to your word, but you should know I've run a business for years and have taken six figure wire payments multiple times without issue or feeling like I needed to scam someone out of a few bucks. Life is too short for that.

Let me get a photo for you again after lunch, since clearly I'm just "up to something." Despite literally sending you a photo of my prime profile next to the bag. The cover has never actually been out of the bag as far as I know, so I'll have to see how to get the photo of the letters without disturbing it. That's the reason for the delay. I don't want to unfold it as it has never been unfolded. I don't want to unfold it because it is perfectly pressed and I don't want to disturb it. Once you open a package it's been opened.

Give me a few minutes to get you the photo.

Still working on it. Reason being as far as I'm concerned, you sound like you're looking for reasons to get out of buying. I'm not going to put myself out more than I already have (like I said, the cover has never been out of the bag and now it has been, as I'm trying to figure out how to get a photo of the logo) for someone who sounds like they're trying to flake.

Right now I'm trying to orient my NA1 cover to figure out how the NA2 cover is folded by Honda. Looks like they fold in thirds front to back and then half over sideways and then roll it up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 2.45.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 2.45.52 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
Zakiu, take your time and enjoy your lunch. Not trying to get out of a thing. We have a deal as soon as I have the picture of a cover with a blue logo. We can figure out the logistics with whatever suits you. I thought doing it through Ebay was easy because you get the deal done today. By the way, now that we are keys down I am attaching our conversation from Ebay because I think you will see that my horns are not that big (although I did graduate from UT) and this public dispute we have ushered in here was really not necessary. Read it bottom to top. I am happy to do whatever alternative arrangements you wish. We should make those offline -- my office number is 713XXXXXXXX. My name is Eric.

Attachments

• DocketOne and ZVconsulting (3).jpg
    DocketOne and ZVconsulting (3).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
That was a fun way to make a new friend. Zakiu. Nice talking with you "well played."

Looks like he is a man of his word. Blue cover is sold.

I think it wasn't a necessary dispute, but it was fun and if we hadn't given each other a hard time this cover would have sat in the house for far too long. Sounds like the cover is going to the kind of person who deserves to own it. Nice chatting with you as well. Will follow up via email.

We definitely talked about the possibility of a shutdown on the phone 😂 but yes it worked out for everyone. Just an atypical form of striking a deal I suppose, and a good story on top of that. Hard to get someone to part with something they don’t want to part with.

Back