• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory Painted Parts/Color Codes

There was a post on FB recently showing all of the washer nozzles in all of the available colors. It got me thinking what other parts are available painted factory colors. Here is what I came up with:

Washer Nozzles
Toe Hook Covers
Front Emblems (91-01)
Hole Covers for Popup headlight screws
Hole Covers for Rear Spoiler screws

So I pulled together all of the part numbers for every color available for the NSX from the factory. I know A LOT of this information is already out there in different threads but now it's all in one place. I also went on ahead and pulled the PPG and Dupont codes for each color if I could find them.

***Disclaimers***
I don't know why there are multiple part numbers for the washer nozzles for some colors. I think part of it has to do with certain of the older ones being NLA and replaced by later parts so maybe the manufacturer of the nozzles themselves changed? I also pulled almost all of these part numbers from the JDM catalogs so YMMV depending on your market.

The emblem numbers are for the Honda "H" ONLY and not the Acura "A". There are also multiple part numbers for the front emblems, my guess here is that the "-000XX" numbers are the older style "H" and the "-J20XX" numbers are the newer style "H"? If there is a burning desire for the "A" emblems let me know and I'll pull them. The emblem number is the same for New Imola, and LBBP because from what I've found those 2 colors were ONLY 2002+ USDM colors and is the "A" although my guess is the 02+ front "H" emblem would fit/work.

For New Indy Yellow/Rio Yellow I couldn't find any '91-01 P/N other than washer nozzles so I think this is an 02+ color only and the emblem number is the 02+ number.

There is no color matched '91-01 emblem for Championship White. This was the NSX-R body color which had the Red H front emblem, the emblem listed is what I found in the catalog. It said "R77" but as you can see it doesn't match the Formula Red emblem numbers so it's the actual NSX-R front emblem number.

For the PPG and DuPont codes that have 2 numbers, my best guess is that one is the color and one is the tinted clear that was needed? I could be 100% wrong though so if someone who is knowledgeable with paint could confirm/deny that would be great!
***End Disclaimers***

Things I would like to add:
PPG and/or DuPont codes for the colors I'm missing if they exist
PPG and/or DuPont codes for the wheel colors (BMW Silver, Washi Grey, Solaris Silver, etc.) if they exist.

colors1-10.png
colors11-20.png
colors21-30.png

Last edited:
There was a post on FB recently showing all of the washer nozzles in all of the available colors. It got me thinking what other parts are available painted factory colors.

Not to dissuade you from doing this; but, the term ' available' probably doesn't apply for most of the colors which are now listed nla. For the washer nozzles, the most common colors, Formula red, New formula red, Berlina black and one of the silvers still seem to be available. The other colors, nada!

One of the reasons there may be at least two part numbers for the nozzle assembly is that Honda lists the drivers and passenger sides as different pieces. I am not sure why because the two openings are mounted vertically, one on top of the other, not side be side. The only reason I know this is I attempted to get a replacement for one of my 501P nozzles which was plugged and they are out of production. Took the nozzle out and eventually got it unplugged which saved me the cost of buying a Berlina Black nozzle and having it custom painted - that would have been a very pricey nozzle.

Not to dissuade you from doing this; but, the term ' available' probably doesn't apply for most of the colors which are now listed nla. For the washer nozzles, the most common colors, Formula red, New formula red, Berlina black and one of the silvers still seem to be available. The other colors, nada!

Not dissuaded at all. It was just a fun project. I accounted for Driver v Passenger in the spread sheet. But R77 has 2 for left and 2 for right. The top number shows NLA but the bottom number is still showing in stock so that leads me to believe maybe a different manufacturer of the nozzles?

Christian Mittendorfer just got one set of almost every color of washer nozzles so it looks like they are back in stock possibly? Also I know [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] got a set or YR514P nozzles not too long ago and I got a set of B82 nozzles so at least a few of the other colors are out there. But again who knows how long that will be the case.

UPDATE:
Turns out Christian’s post on FB was from Nov 2017 but just got bumped to the top. So you might be right that most aren’t available anymore. Though I do know that the nozzles in YR514P and B82 were available a few months ago as were the headlight screw hole covers and front emblems for both colors. I have an order in for B82 under spoiled hole covers now and it hasn’t been rejected so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back