• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fair Lakes Cars & Coffee (Sundays)

The great weather drew a large crowd this morning but many departed early, presumedly for the Centreville Car Show that started at 11:00. I departed at about 10:30 but great talking to Bryan and Jonathan (and your Son Dillion). Sorry we missed you James but did spend a lot of time by your very clean NSX! Looks like the local police were patrolling this morning and picked up a Viper and a motorcyclist while I was there. Understand there were a couple of "rapid departures" last week that brought them out.

Dave

I should be there. High of 67 on Sunday, looks clear. Will probably do Katie's as well. similar conditions.

Another pretty good turnout today and a few more exotics (Ferrari's and Lambo's) than usual. There were four NSX's and seven owners in attendance. Great meeting Sparrow (Anthony) and kennyc for the first time. Congrats to Jonathan on the purchase of your NSX. Hope to see it when I get back from my weekend at the Mid-East event in NC.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a photo of today's line-up...

Dave

Attachments

• FairLakes.jpg
    FairLakes.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 228
For those who weren't at Fair Lakes today, one of the more interesting exotics (besides our NSX's of course) was this Ferrari 458. Sounded as good as it looked. Don't you just love red!

Dave

Attachments

• Ferrari 458.jpg
    Ferrari 458.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 225
My pics from the weekend:

Fair Lakes:
1CxYgVj.jpg

LVU95nQ.jpg

yTMYxV8.jpg

Bethesda:
PDsd3l5.jpg

The past two weeks Katie's/Great Falls has been kinda underwhelming, probably because of the damp weather from the night before. I've been joining other NSX guys and leaving Katie's early to head to the Corner Bakery Cafe in Bethesda (Westfield Montgomery) and that's been a fairly good meet. Bethesda C&C is a similar mix of cars like Fair Lakes C&C but is only about half the size. That said, it is pretty well organized (cones marking designated car meet spots) and Jay, the organizer, gives out vouchers for free coffee. Both the coffee and food are significantly better than what's available at Katies and Fair Lakes Starbucks, so this might be the beginning of another weekend habit for me.

Pics from Fair Lakes, 5/2/2014.

4NwOtKi.jpg

L-R: Dave Chase, Anthony (sparrow), James, Jonathan (welcome, new owner!), Fred (FF Drifter), Kenny, AJ

jLlrGLs.jpg

Proof that wheels really can make a car.

29uyOix.jpg

Jonathan realized his mistake with a black car on a high-pollen day.

QGsjD0w.jpg

Went to go compare suspensions on a super shitty stretch of road. Stock suspension is unsurprisingly very very good.

Looked like a great turnout! Congrats to Jonathan. I'm sure you're enjoying your new ride. Hope to see you when I'm up there next on 18 May. Check out the Mid-East NSX Event thread. We had a great weekend in Raleigh.

Dave

I'm going but won't be there for all of the meet. Typically at least two or three of us make it out there.

Taking Mother's Day off...weather permitting will be there next week.

Dave

Saw Dan and Eric there; heard Bryan tried to make it out but had issues on the way down. Hope those got worked out.

Great day at Kohl's. The weather was awesome for driving there and the roads were unusually clear in the morning (must have been mother's day related). Had fun driving there with the top down and the radio blasting.

Here are a few shots I took:

uvled.jpg

wkcf.jpg

02bg.jpg

5gcr.jpg

ew7h0.jpg

xy9r.jpg

18iq.jpg

Back