• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fall 2008 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT08) 11/1/08!

It's about time for the event you all have been waiting for... the semi-annual Arkansas Boston Mountains Tour! Planning is underway for the fourth ever semi-annual all-day S2000 tour through the Boston Mountains over in Arkansas. Weather permitting, this will happen on Saturday, November 1st starting at the Quality Inn in Harrison, AR and finishing up in Russellville, AR. The date is firm so mark your calendars for November 1st!

11-1BMT08flyer.jpg

At the beginning of the tour, each driver will be given a detailed morning and afternoon route which includes a stop for lunch in between. The route will be selected to travel over some of Arkansas' best S roads! From Harrison, we'll head south and make our way through the Boston Mountains. Added 10/2/08: Prizes will not be given away this time around as, judging by the amount of interest so far, we feel it isn't necessary to draw folks anymore.

In the event that the chances of rain exceed 50% for our scheduled date of Saturday, November 1st, the Fall BMT08 will be postponed until the scheduled rain date which is the following Saturday, November 8th. If we are unable to use either of those dates, our final attempt will be on the alternate rate date, Saturday, November 15th.

For those who would like to stay overnight in Harrison the night before, we were able to negotiate a group rate of $71.99 at the Quality Inn in Harrison (normally $79.99). That's where the tour will start. To reserve at that rate, call them (870-741-7676) and just tell them you're with the Boston Mountains Tour group and that you've been quoted a rate of $71.99. When we stopped by there the morning of the pre-drive, the lady at the counter said they have plenty of rooms available, but to book ASAP just to be sure you get one.

We'd like to get an idea of how many of you plan on attending so we can make reservations for lunch and dinner. So, please post your thoughts/interest here! Oh, and spread the werd!

List of Attendees by State:

Arkansas
Jerome+1 (Jerome and Vic)
racin_guy21+1 (Ryan and Brian)
shotgunjimmy+1 (James and Jonathan)
SPURS2K+1 (James and Melissa)
timsmi (Tim)
civicson234 (Sean)
shanegoesfaster+1 (Shane and Posey)
davidj+1 (David and Jing Jing)
fgsd (Fred)
fanaticz (Clay)
redicansFijiSi (Seth)

ans2k (Alan)

Texas
mic_crispy+1 (Tim and Andrea)
tomauto (Tom)
prj3ctm4yh3m (Matt)
o2cls (Jordan)
HLN A55 (Grayson)
SimonRL+1 (Simon and Madeline)

3vilmonkey! (Miles)

Oklahoma
JulieU (Julie)
Spiro55+1 (Rob and Chris)

Louisiana
Ch0pper (Andy)

Missouri
oheim (David)

Last edited:
Hello All, I just finished the Fall BMT 08 route selection, and (if JulieU agrees after reviewing it) the total miles will be 212.7 miles. Much of the course is over roads not included in any past BMT, AND I think the new sections equal or better the best S roads in the previous BMTs. What a treat you have in this Fall BMT!
Jerome
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000

In no particular order, here are some hotels in Harrison, AR:
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn
more hotels on Google maps

The exact starting location has still not yet been determined and will probabry not be announced until after the 10/27 pre-drive at which time attempts will be made to negotiate a group rate. Therefore, you may wish to wait until after 10/27 to make your hotel reservations.

Additionally and FYI, there are several hotels right off I-40 in the Russellville, AR area which is near the end of the tour: Russellville

Last edited:
Registration for the 1 November Fall BMT08 starts at 9:30 am (drive-out at 10:00 am) at the Quality Inn (on Hwy 62-65) in Harrison, AR. The tour end point is Russelleville, AR at a restaurant near the I-40 & Hwy 7 intersection. Participants should arrive at the start point with a full tank of gas.
Just yesterday, the trees in Newton County really started changing colors. We had a light freeze last night so full color should be on the trees later this week!!! The pre-drive went great yesterday, and I can hardly wait until Saturday, 1 November!

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000
<!-- / message -->

This event is THIS Saturday!

Here's a summary of some important details for all participants:

Starting point: Quality Inn located in Harrison, AR (click here for map).
When: Saturday, November 1st, 2008 - arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. Sign-in and packet distribution will begin by 9:30 am. Bring in your driver's license and insurance verification to the event registration. Please arrive promptly and with a full tank. We need to hit the road promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Things to consider bringing: Two-way radios, sunscreen, cameras, camera mounts, tripods, basic tools - just in case (socket set, pliers, wrenches), Fix-a-Flat, spare fuses, basic first aid kit.

Instructions/directions for the entire route and lunch menu will be distributed Saturday morning at event registration.

Don't forget to check your fluids and tire pressures! Also, please take a few minutes to read this article: Tips for a Successful Group Drive. There may be a quiz!

Last edited:
The Northwest Arkansas weather forecast for this Friday night is partly cloudy with lows in mid-50s. Saturday is partly cloudy with highs in mid-70s. SO, the Arkansas Fall Boston Mountain Tour '08 is a GO!
Jerome
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000

The latest weather report for Harrison, AR is mild temps and 20% chance of rain Friday and Friday night. Saturday is partly cloudy with high temps in low 70s and no rain in forecast. Looking good!
For those of you who like a nitecap before retiring, the bad news is that Harrison is in a dry county. The good news is that the newly refurbished and now open Hotel Seville (302 N. Main St., Harrison, AR/741-2322/mic crispy + GF staying there) has a private club bar & grill. I talked to one of the owners and was told that all one has to do in order a drink or beer in the bar & grill is to sign the club guest book (no fee). The Hotel Seville has covered parking (entrance on side street) under the hotel.
I will see you all Saturday morning!
jmoore2k
NW Arkansas

Yesterday, The Arkansas Fall Boston Mountain Tour '08 was run as scheduled. We had 22 cars from five different states in including one Viper. I want to thank the participants for coming from as far away as Austin, TX. The weather was perfect, the trees were in all their Fall Color splendor, nobody had any problems, and all reported having a great time. Special thanks go to Jordan (o2cls/in a MX5) for producing the excellent Fall BMT 2008 custom "T" shirts on such short notice.
You NSX folks missed one great tour. I hope some of you can make our Spring BMT09 event. BMT events are held in early Sprng and late Fall each year in NW Arkansas. Date for Spring BMT will be posted in January 2009.
jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000

Back