• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

famous person's car

A used VW Golf that had belonged to Cardinal Ratzinger is for sale on Ebay's German site. My translations of some of the questions from potential buyers, and the seller's answers:<table><tr><td valign="top"><b>  Q:  </b></td><td valign="top">Do you really want to sell the car?<td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  A:  </b></td><td valign="top">Yeeeeesssss!!!!</td></tr>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  Q:  </b></td><td valign="top">Can it be used with holy water in the windshield washer?<td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  A:  </b></td><td valign="top">There are no limits to creativity in this regard...</td></tr>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  Q:  </b></td><td valign="top">... You write, that the original seats are still available. Are they leather seats, and if yes in what color? ... <td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  A:  </b></td><td valign="top">They are cloth seats in the Highline series. In gray/black</td></tr>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  Q:  </b></td><td valign="top">Does black or white smoke come out of the exhaust?<td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  A:  </b></td><td valign="top">That's a good one ;-)</td></tr>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  Q:  </b></td><td valign="top">The Pope had a powerful stereo installed ;-) That isn't the stock radio in any case...
<td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  A:  </b></td><td valign="top">No, I swapped out the stock radio. Cardinal Ratzinger put up with the original VW radio.</td></tr>
<tr><td> </td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  Q:  </b></td><td valign="top">Is it a nonsmoker car?<td></tr>
<tr><td valign="top"><b>  A:  </b></td><td valign="top">Yes</td></tr>
</table>

I read that VW wants to produce the new pope mobile (the current one is made by MB). Probably will be something based on the Tourag. Pretty funny that he was a VW owner.

Looks like her drove a manual shift as well....cool.

Back