• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fast and Furious Cruise in feeler....here me out..

Just curious if anyone would be interested in getting together to go see the new Fast and Furious movie on opening day/night? What I have in mind is talking to a certain movie theater for reserved (protected) parking, some sort of package deal for ticket, food and drink. I thought it would be cool to have a bunch of NSXs cruise into the theater and leave at the same time. If this is lame or whatever, that's cool, but I thought I would ask. And for the record, I don't think ANY excuse to get a bunch of us together and do something fun is EVER lame, but I digress.
Thoughts, opinions, flames...?

I'm in...but you have got to change that tag under your username! :smile:

I'm in...but you have got to change that tag under your username! :smile:

Haha. Better?

Ok, so I am glad that people think this is a good idea. As far as location, I really don't care where we go as long as the theater is nice, the seating is comfortable and the sound system is good. I am open to suggestions and after we get a few candidates, I/we could call and see what we can set up.

I still remember when the first one came out. There were so many nice cars that showed up that it was kind of like a car show in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong, there were a LOT of rice paddies out there too! :tongue:
But, the atmosphere was great with a giant gathering of people just like us who were celebrating their love of cars.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Ok so I spoke to the General manager at the Cinemark Egyptian themed Muvico at Arundel Mills and he was pretty cool. He said that he would guarantee us premium seating together for the movie. Unfortunately, he does not own the parking lot because it is attached to the mall, but he gave me the contact information for the mall marketing people. This is what they said:

For a quote of 30 parking spots roped off and 1 parking spot deep perimeter to ensure that no one can park near our Xs....

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your interest in Arundel Mills.

As we discussed, here is the information on the required insurance for holding an event at Arundel Mills: (See attached file: Arundel Mills Insurance Requirements - 2011.doc)

In addition, a space lease is required.

For the event you are considering on April 30 or May 1, space would be available behind Cinemark only for a 30 car display and your event would need to be finished by 3pm. I would recommend that hold your event from 10-2 for easier move in and move out. The rental fee would be $500.

If you wanted security at the cars while your group was inside viewing the movie, you will need to contact our security direct Mike Maresca. Mike will help you determine how many officers would be needed to do exactly what you want and be able to quote you a rate.

If you would move forward, the next step would be a lease. We would need the following:

Legal Name of Entity Holding Event
Mailing Address
Phone
Fax
Name & Title of Person Signing Lease
Email

We then generate a lease and send you two copies. You return both copied signed with a Certificate of Insurance and payment and we send you one fully executed original back for your records. We then do a walk through to confirm your set -up and you are good to go.

Just let me know if I can be of any further service.

Best,

Wendy K. Ellis, SCMD
Director of Mall Marketing & Business Development

Arundel Mills
7000 Arundel Mills Circle
Hanover, MD 21076
(410) 540-5111 Direct
(410) 540-5125 FAX
[email protected]

So that is waaayy more trouble than its worth, but it is the only NICE theater I know of here because I am not from here. If anyone else knows of a really nice theater near them, please chime in.

That is exxxxxxxxpensive. I wonder if they will be showing the movie at the Airbus IMAX Theater (Udvar-Hazy Center). There is PLENTY of parking out there.

That is exxxxxxxxpensive. I wonder if they will be showing the movie at the Airbus IMAX Theater (Udvar-Hazy Center). There is PLENTY of parking out there.

Agreed. We could still do the meet here and use the malls dedicated valet parking area. It is roped off already and is right in front of the theater. I do not want anyone to drive my X, but me so I might inquire to pay them to let us park our own cars instead. That might be an option..

So I just found out yesterday that I am being sent to California for a month for work. I leave on the 13th of April and don't get back until May 17th. :mad:

So I guess you guys are on your own to make this happen. On a side note, my buddy just bought a 2003 Viper and wants to come out to the Great Falls cars and coffee this weekend (Sat) so if its nice, lets meet!!

Back