• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Father/Son NSX's

My dad has been a huge NSX fan ever since they came out in the 90's. The blue one is the 4th one he has owned. When I graduated about 1.5 years ago, he was generous enough to get me my very own black NSX. Since then, we have updated, customized, and cleaned up the look of our cars together. Being able to share the joy and excitement with my father was an awesome experience. Unfortunately, he just passed away a few weeks ago in a bad car accident. Prior to him passing, I had just bought some Advan Model 5 18"/19" wheels from the Advan expert himself, nsxot1c. Unfortunately, I had to paint them due to some damage that occurred during shipping. The last conversation I had with him was about what color the wheels were going to be, but I didn't tell him because I wanted it to be a surprise. He never got to find out, but I painted them a "golden bronze" and I couldn't be happier with the result. CDX_NSX and RYU's cars were the inspiration for mine (at least I think those are their names). My father's blue NSX will remain in our family forever and I will continue to work on both of them, just as I would if he were here now. I've already got the front lip spoiler that matches my dads (it just needs to be installed), and I've already made an appointment to install my lowering springs. Thanks for all the help on here guys.

Last edited:
Tragic loss. That's great that you'll be keeping his memory alive through the car.

Very sorry for your loss. It's rare that a father and son share the same intrests/hobbies. Keep it and let it bring a smile to your face everytime you see it like it did him.

I am sorry for your loss, your dad seemed like a cool dude. I only hope my son loves the NSX like I do. when you work on your NSX trust me he is standing there with you.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Both cars look amazing... and love the refinish in the golden bronze!!!
Know that he's always with you, and enjoy the hell out of the cars just like he'd want you to.

Sorry for your loss.. I hope you will be happy with what you did to him.
God bless you.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Yours is a great story and I bet you hope to one day share the same bond with your future son/daughter.

Both cars look great.

Sorry for your lost. What a great father to give an NSX to you. I'm pretty sure he will be missed. A great legacy to leave you as well.

Sorry for you're loss, keeping his car would be a great memory of the joy and passion shared by both.

My condolences. I love his blue car and I am anti-blue. I love the wheels, the clean look... I'm very close with my father so your story hits hard.

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing. Keeping his car in the family is a great way to remember him on a regular basis. That is a great looking NSX!
My Brother-in-law was the original owner of our S2000. It is just one of the reasons we keep that car. He has been gone 6 years now.
View attachment 102494

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss, your Dad owned my favorite color on the nsx.

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing. Keeping his car in the family is a great way to remember him on a regular basis. That is a great looking NSX!
My Brother-in-law was the original owner of our S2000. It is just one of the reasons we keep that car. He has been gone 6 years now.
View attachment 102494
It's nice that you keep it in your avatar.

Sorry for your loss. That's awesome to have a father/son NSX bond. Cars are looking very nice with those tasteful mods.

Thanks for sharing - know it is hard losing your Dad. Great that you are keeping both cars - awesome really. Lost my Dad way too early in life; we shared a passion for automobiles - memories of washing cars, going to car dealers, going to car shows, and reading car rags. All good stuff -- as someone else mentioned, time is the great healer. Beautiful pair of NSX's ! Best to you and your family. Jay

Sorry for your loss. My 3 year old loves my nsx and one day I hope that we have 2. I'm sure your father is up there keeping an eye on you. Enjoy the memories that you two built with the nsx's.

I hope you and your family can come to terms with such a shocking loss as this.The fact that you could post such a heartwarming tribute to dad is proof enough.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but what a truly great experience to share with your father, and a fantastic way to continue his legacy.

Back