• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fender Liners - discontinued? Mita Motorsports? Aftermarket liners?

Hi all-

I am looking for front fender liners for my 1991. Upon searching Acura dealer websites, it appears these are discontinued? However, it looks like Mita Motorsports has these, but they are located in Japan. Anyone know if they do in fact have these in stock? It looks like there are aftermarket options available for 02-05, for much cheaper ($43 for a pair), what are the chances that these would fit on a 1991? Thanks!

I purchased these aftermarket fender liner for my 91 not too long ago. Fast shipping and fits great.

https://www.carparts.com/Fender-Lin...k=2022-05-27T00:08:56Z&bsft_lx=64&bsft_tv=285

https://www.carparts.com/Fender-Lin...k=2022-05-27T00:08:56Z&bsft_lx=64&bsft_tv=285

Left and right (kit)
https://www.carparts.com/fender-liner/replacement/set-repa222137?&vehicle[model]=NSX&vehicle[make]=Acura&vehicle[year]=2003

Thanks for the reply. That is great news! Much cheaper than the OEM ones.

I just ordered the rear fender liners for my NSX. Received them and they are original OEM. Not sure about the fronts, but they had the rears. Highly recommend Mita.

Looks like the NA2 and NA1 fender liners are different. Did they get smaller in the NA2? Can you still use them but just not cover as much fender?

Looks like the NA2 and NA1 fender liners are different. Did they get smaller in the NA2? Can you still use them but just not cover as much fender?

Hmmm I wonder. Do they have different clips for the NA1 and NA2 fender liners?:biggrin:

I thought I would update everyone on this. I purchased those cheapo front fender liners from ebay for an 02-05 (for my 91). Paid $60 for both front liners + condenser covers. For the price, they fit really well! Would definitely recommend these for any car that just needs functional fender liners. May not be a great option for someone wanting a 100% OEM car though.

I thought I would update everyone on this. I purchased those cheapo front fender liners from ebay for an 02-05 (for my 91). Paid $60 for both front liners + condenser covers. For the price, they fit really well! Would definitely recommend these for any car that just needs functional fender liners. May not be a great option for someone wanting a 100% OEM car though.
So what do you mean by not a great option for someone wanting 100% OEM? Are there gaps, does it just look off, noticeable from a distance?

So what do you mean by not a great option for someone wanting 100% OEM? Are there gaps, does it just look off, noticeable from a distance?
I have those and to me- they looked horrible and didn't fit well. I bought OEM from Amayama. Just different opinions I suppose.

I bought the 02-05 liners from Amazon for my 92. They were made differently than the oem. The edges are not molded like the originals. They are trimmed (poorly) I had to sand and polish the edge before installation. This is in addition to trimming the lower back end due to the difference between the 92 and 02. It looks good enough now for a driver.

Hello everyone, i am having the same issues with finding the right parts as mentioned in this thread. I saw couple people following the links provided, would these links below would be the right parts for the front? To my understanding it requires two different pieces. Also can anyone inform me with the rears ? is it just one piece splash guard for the rear ?

Planning to buy this two pieces to cover the fronts. i do have a '93. i see that people got the liners fit into their na1's even-though it says na2.

appreciate the help,
Nogay

Hello everyone, i am having the same issues with finding the right parts as mentioned in this thread. I saw couple people following the links provided, would these links below would be the right parts for the front? To my understanding it requires two different pieces. Also can anyone inform me with the rears ? is it just one piece splash guard for the rear ?

Planning to buy this two pieces to cover the fronts. i do have a '93. i see that people got the liners fit into their na1's even-though it says na2.

appreciate the help,
Nogay

Yes, those parts will fit. I am using those parts on the front of my 91 NSX. You will likely need to get new clips. Keep in mind the quality is not as good as OEM, the material is thinner. Don't expect it to be perfect. But should fit and work fine.

Great alternative if you have a lower car which will damage the liner eventually.

The rear is just one piece.

appreciate the help,
Nogay
Those look like the ones that I bought. The louvered part protects the AC condensers. You may not need to replace those. On the ones that I bought, the difference between the NA2 and NA1 was in the area where it meets the trim piece below the doors. It was very easy to trim it back. The whole exposed edge at the outside of the wheel well had to be trimmed back and polished on mine, in order to get it to look right. It wasn't difficult, but just be aware that you might need to do that too. Get new fasteners too, you'll need them

Yes, those parts will fit. I am using those parts on the front of my 91 NSX. You will likely need to get new clips. Keep in mind the quality is not as good as OEM, the material is thinner. Don't expect it to be perfect. But should fit and work fine.

Great alternative if you have a lower car which will damage the liner eventually.

The rear is just one piece.
Those look like the ones that I bought. The louvered part protects the AC condensers. You may not need to replace those. On the ones that I bought, the difference between the NA2 and NA1 was in the area where it meets the trim piece below the doors. It was very easy to trim it back. The whole exposed edge at the outside of the wheel well had to be trimmed back and polished on mine, in order to get it to look right. It wasn't difficult, but just be aware that you might need to do that too. Get new fasteners too, you'll need them

thank you both very much. I am missing the both condenser cover and liners so i will go ahead and get both of these.
two questions:
- any recommendation for rears? i am not sure i need them but handy to have a link available, they dont have it on this site.
- what type of fasteners would be good ?

I didn't do the backs. I ordered fasteners from e-bay. I think it was these.

20pcs Trim Bumper Rivet Clip For Honda Acura Toyota Volvo 91545-SE0-003 3541113​

Attachments

• s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
thank you both very much. I am missing the both condenser cover and liners so i will go ahead and get both of these.
two questions:
- any recommendation for rears? i am not sure i need them but handy to have a link available, they dont have it on this site.
- what type of fasteners would be good ?

I don't think they have aftermarket rears available, I am using OEM 2002 rear fender liners, I had to modify the corners a bit.

I purchased this Honda fastener kit from eBay and used whichever fits best. One of the main clips needed is the one dmartin149 mentioned above.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224174366730?hash=item3431d5600a:g:a~AAAOSwF4dkr67J

Back