• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

fess up!!!! tire situation.,..

i just bought a 96 nsx. i know all of you out there DO NOT have Bill Gates money so help me out. i need hear from out there who are like me that don't have the money at the present time to put the oem tires that are pricey back on my car. just need something to get me thru. i understand i am sacrificing but i need to eat. need to hear from you all who have something different on the oem 16 & 17. also need to know can i go with 225/40/16 & 255/40/17 will it cause problem with tps. thanks alexis...

If you want to have even less money than do this. Buy non OEM tires and then hate them enough to throw them away and then go spend more money on the OEM tires. Thats what I did trying to save a few bucks.

You should post your question in the general discussion forum. It is also VERY scary that you bought an NSX and DON'T have the money left for the correct tires!! I mean, wow! I'm not trying to preach to you but that sounds a little crazy. Spend the money and buy good tires. You do NOT need to buy factory tires though. Dunlop SP9000's and Bridgestone SO2's are both very good on the NSX. You can get them for about 225-275/tire. The 16/17" setup that you mentioned should not interfere at all with the TCS as they are very close to factory settings. Remember, buy cheap and you'll buy twice!!!

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
You should post your question in the general discussion forum. It is also VERY scary that you bought an NSX and DON'T have the money left for the correct tires!! I mean, wow! I'm not trying to preach to you but that sounds a little crazy. Spend the money and buy good tires. You do NOT need to buy factory tires though. Dunlop SP9000's and Bridgestone SO2's are both very good on the NSX. You can get them for about 225-275/tire. The 16/17" setup that you mentioned should not interfere at all with the TCS as they are very close to factory settings. Remember, buy cheap and you'll buy twice!!!

The Dunlop 9000 tires that I have are pure trash. I would rather drive on tires made from marshmellows.

Hmm? Mine were great. The best of the 3 I've tried over the 3 years. Stock, Dunlop and SO2. And, actually Nitto NT555's now. So four brands, then. Now these things suck, the Dunlops were great!! Quiet, handled amazingly in dry or wet and wore very well. The tire place didn't have them in stock when they wore out so I got these stupid Nitto's.

Back