• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally found my dream NSX

The first generation NSX has been a special car for me for 15+ years. In my teens and early 20s my friends and I would sit around a computer drooling over images. The first time I stood right next to one I immediately knew that it would be a car I'd have to own someday. From that moment onward I've spent countless hours reading posts and articles on NSX prime, watched hundreds of hours of video on youtube, stalked sales on all the usual websites, and followed up on several listings. This past weekend I brought my dream car home. A completely stock 2003 Silverstone/Silver 6 speed with 44,800 miles on it. Not surprisingly, I bought the car from a fellow Prime member [MENTION=18080]YwouldntI[/MENTION]) who meticulously maintained and cared for the car since 2007.

For the past 4 months the previous owner and I spoke consistently, and I was able to go see the car in mid August when I took a quick trip down to Florida from NY. On that trip in August we ran into an unexpected issue during our drive and it turned out that the car needed a new alternator. Coggin Acura pulled off a near miracle and got a new OEM alternator shipped and installed in less than 5 days, at a time when it looked hopeless. In addition to covering the alternator repair without hesitation, the previous owner shared every piece of information he had on the car, introduced me to the service manager and technician at Coggin Acura where the car has been serviced for 14 years, and agreed to drive the car 150+ miles round trip for an additional inspection of the car at an independent shop that I suggested. The whole experience from start to finish was everything you'd want and then some. I can't possibly thank [MENTION=18080]YwouldntI[/MENTION] enough for the the patience and honesty he had with me throughout the process, and for the incredible care he put into this car during his ownership that I now benefit from.

There are some minor items to address in the near future and I'm sure there will be unexpected repairs and questions down the road. When the time comes, I genuinely look forward to picking the brains of everyone on Prime and becoming more active in the conversations. If it weren't for all of the information and awesome folks on this forum I most certainly wouldn't be sharing this story. I want to specifically thank [MENTION=32200]RacerXwing[/MENTION] for all of the time and energy he has put into his market analysis document. As a fellow spreadsheet junkie, I know how difficult it can be to create, maintain, and present something with that many moving parts and data points. With the information in that document, the seller and I were able to come up with a price that we both were comfortable with and that we both felt confident in. I truly can't wait to enjoy this car for many years. Thanks Prime!

IMG_0345.jpg
Picking up the car in Florida. It wasn't intentional, but this happened to take place on my birthday. It's for sure a day I won't ever forget.

IMG_1302 2.jpg
1300 miles later at its new home in central NY. My son is already really into cars, so this was a special moment for him too!

Thank you for the kind words! When I started my Market Analysis project, I never imagined it would become such an indispensable resource to the entire community. I'm happy to hear it helped you realize your dream. Enjoy your NSX!

thanks

The first generation NSX has been a special car for me for 15+ years. In my teens and early 20s my friends and I would sit around a computer drooling over images. The first time I stood right next to one I immediately knew that it would be a car I'd have to own someday. From that moment onward I've spent countless hours reading posts and articles on NSX prime, watched hundreds of hours of video on youtube, stalked sales on all the usual websites, and followed up on several listings. This past weekend I brought my dream car home. A completely stock 2003 Silverstone/Silver 6 speed with 44,800 miles on it. Not surprisingly, I bought the car from a fellow Prime member [MENTION=18080]YwouldntI[/MENTION]) who meticulously maintained and cared for the car since 2007.

For the past 4 months the previous owner and I spoke consistently, and I was able to go see the car in mid August when I took a quick trip down to Florida from NY. On that trip in August we ran into an unexpected issue during our drive and it turned out that the car needed a new alternator. Coggin Acura pulled off a near miracle and got a new OEM alternator shipped and installed in less than 5 days, at a time when it looked hopeless. In addition to covering the alternator repair without hesitation, the previous owner shared every piece of information he had on the car, introduced me to the service manager and technician at Coggin Acura where the car has been serviced for 14 years, and agreed to drive the car 150+ miles round trip for an additional inspection of the car at an independent shop that I suggested. The whole experience from start to finish was everything you'd want and then some. I can't possibly thank [MENTION=18080]YwouldntI[/MENTION] enough for the the patience and honesty he had with me throughout the process, and for the incredible care he put into this car during his ownership that I now benefit from.

There are some minor items to address in the near future and I'm sure there will be unexpected repairs and questions down the road. When the time comes, I genuinely look forward to picking the brains of everyone on Prime and becoming more active in the conversations. If it weren't for all of the information and awesome folks on this forum I most certainly wouldn't be sharing this story. I want to specifically thank [MENTION=32200]RacerXwing[/MENTION] for all of the time and energy he has put into his market analysis document. As a fellow spreadsheet junkie, I know how difficult it can be to create, maintain, and present something with that many moving parts and data points. With the information in that document, the seller and I were able to come up with a price that we both were comfortable with and that we both felt confident in. I truly can't wait to enjoy this car for many years. Thanks Prime!

View attachment 171472
Picking up the car in Florida. It wasn't intentional, but this happened to take place on my birthday. It's for sure a day I won't ever forget.

View attachment 171473
1300 miles later at its new home in central NY. My son is already really into cars, so this was a special moment for him too!

Hey Shawn. Sorry for my delayed response to your kind post. So happy youre pleased with your purchase. I'm sure you'll give it the care it needs and deserves. The test drive where my alternator failed will be one we'll both remember. Enjoy the ride. As I told my wife everytime I drove it: "every mile's a thrill"

I love that you have a 2015 join date and bought a car in 2022. I did something similar and I still have to pinch myself whenever I walk into my garage. Looking forward to hearing about your plans/progress for the car!

Back