• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally purchased an NSX. Hello all!

Congrats on your ride Bro.. You remind me when I was 17 yrs old, I bought my first car with hard earned money, then started to buy as hobby cars and sell once the price was right. Now that I'm 32 I'm on my 20th plus cars. People are going to hate when they see you got to many cars, but what I say to them is " Don't hate, Just Congratulate"... Welcome to Prime, you will learn alot on here. Take care...

RK..

Wow thats really cool. Congrats there! Since I was 16, I've 'searched'/waited 9 years for the right nsx to come along. I had to be a cheapskate all through my college and graduate education years. Dang, it was quite a sacrifice to save every dollar when my peers just wanted to buy beer and party.....:rolleyes:

See, this is why I like NSX and the NSX owner's community.:smile:

Props to you!

Nice purchase and always good to see another NSX in Virginia! And yes, Virginia is one of those states that requires a plate on the front :mad: and the trooper will pull you over if you don't have one (ask me how i know...).

Keep up the good work and enjoy the excellent ride. Jay

Nice, congrats and welcome.

Congrats and welcome to the NSX group. Love the color:biggrin:

You would like the color huh les. I think your color prefrence is a little biased ;).....then again, black is the best color haha.

To the op, congrats. The amount of looks you will get is unreal. I got mine at 22 and have loved every second in the car. You can't say you got the modding out of yourself and you want to keep it stock as it is a 91.....whats a 91 got to do with anything. Dont slam it, lower it an inch. As you have not been with the car too long it looks perfect the way it is but I can 1000% guarentee that if you lower it an inch you will be amazed at the look it has. All the euro cars are lower stock, dont know why the nsx is like a lifted truck. The notchy shifting is normal. Wish it was smoother, but it is what it is. If the timming belt and water pump were done recently or 2x by now that would be one steal of a deal, if not no big as the price was pretty low. Wish you lived in Cali as Im always down to roll with fellow car enths.

Congrats on a very successful journey to NSX ownership!

You may want to nab a late (tubular, not cast iron like the early cars) exhaust manifold from a 1997+ NSX and whatever lightweight aftermarket muffler system you prefer, there should be several available at good prices as more folks go turbo.....so shop the "parts for sale" section here.

Brian

It would've killed me to install that front plate.:frown:
Nice purchase and always good to see another NSX in Virginia! And yes, Virginia is one of those states that requires a plate on the front :mad: and the trooper will pull you over if you don't have one (ask me how i know...).

That front plate was the FIRST thing to go! Those pictures were actually taken on the trip back home, right after picking the car up! We had a little mid-engine caravan for the way back...

So a good intensive polish and removal of the front plate were performed about 4 hours after I picked it up. I'll take my chances of running no plate. :cool:

Congrats on a very successful journey to NSX ownership!

You may want to nab a late (tubular, not cast iron like the early cars) exhaust manifold from a 1997+ NSX and whatever lightweight aftermarket muffler system you prefer, there should be several available at good prices as more folks go turbo.....so shop the "parts for sale" section here.

Brian
I've been researching exhausts, and really leaning towards a Pride V2, paired up with some test pipes and some choice of header. I would really like an STMPO Messiah... but there is no way in hell the Stateys around here would let that fly.

I'm still just doing my research... But, plans are header/exhaust, coilovers and wheels, AND an antenna! With all that, I just spent near $300 at the stealership for every known gasket (besides head gaskets), and other misc. items I would like to replace.
I can't decide yet if I like to drive it more, or work on it! :biggrin: After changing the tranny fluid with some Honda White Cap MTF, that notchy trans feels a little smoother engagement into 1st... but it's still an old cable tranny. haha. Either way, car is fantastic to drive, and even more fascinating to work on!!! Love it.

And thanks for all the comments guys! Really lets me appreciate what I have. . .

Congrats to the OP!! Looks like a great car, I have a very similar story when I bought my car.

I'm 23 and I bought my NSX about two years ago, I know EXACTLY how you feel about getting, "the stink eye" when you step out of the NSX. It is funny now to see people get really excited to see it pull up to where ever (gas stations usually) and the look of disappointment when a youngster gets out.

That being said, enjoy the ride. When you can take it to a track! The NSX really shines out there. Welcome to the youngster club, everyone here is really awesome about most anything.

Back