• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fine Scratch Removal Ceramic Pro Suggestions?

As the title says. I'm pretty meticulous about washes with air drying, but i've discovered the car cover has left miniscule but noticeable fine scratches. How do you tackle this on a Ceramic coated car? Any advise is appreciated .:smile:

Best

If the ceramic coating is anything like the ceramic coatings that I have seen (C Quartz, Opti Coat, ....), swirl / fine scratch removal is by the usual paint correction techniques - which will remove any ceramic coating. The ceramic coatings are not thick / durable enough to provide protection from mechanical abrasion which means the swirl / scratches are in the clear coat which is why you need the conventional paint correction. If the swirls are localized, you might want to try something like the application of some Meguiar's 205 by hand even though it is intended for use with a DA. Every time you do a paint correction / polish on a car you remove a little clear coat so you don't want to be doing the complete car if you don't need to.

If you remove the swirls/scratches, you'll also be removing the ceramic coating.

I think I would reanalyze how you got those in the first place and tweak your cleaning regime.

If the ceramic coating is anything like the ceramic coatings that I have seen (C Quartz, Opti Coat, ....), swirl / fine scratch removal is by the usual paint correction techniques - which will remove any ceramic coating. The ceramic coatings are not thick / durable enough to provide protection from mechanical abrasion which means the swirl / scratches are in the clear coat which is why you need the conventional paint correction. If the swirls are localized, you might want to try something like the application of some Meguiar's 205 by hand even though it is intended for use with a DA. Every time you do a paint correction / polish on a car you remove a little clear coat so you don't want to be doing the complete car if you don't need to.

The Ceramic Pro coating is guaranteed for life. I spoke to the owner of the place I had it done and she has heard a lot of this due to the high pollen content here in the Bay Area. They will do a free hour polish and ceramic coat reapply if necessary. We'll see how it goes. I will consider what B2finity has said as well but short of washing my car prior to putting on the cover i'm a little out of luck. Maybe I should consider a clean room to park in.

Saclam, check out a car capsule if you're wanting a clean room. I have used one for years and it has been great. I picked up the upgraded one that is self standing when moving a car in and out. It's called the Showcase. Haven't set it up yet. Just waiting for our new garage with sufficient space to get finished, hopefully by Xmas. These capsules have a fan with a filter that keeps changing the air, but keeps your car dust free. They also offer some protection from mishaps that sometime occur in the garages of even the most careful owners.

Saclam, check out a car capsule if you're wanting a clean room. I have used one for years and it has been great. I picked up the upgraded one that is self standing when moving a car in and out. It's called the Showcase. Haven't set it up yet. Just waiting for our new garage with sufficient space to get finished, hopefully by Xmas. These capsules have a fan with a filter that keeps changing the air, but keeps your car dust free. They also offer some protection from mishaps that sometime occur in the garages of even the most careful owners.

I was actually joking lol, but this is in fact intriguing. I am using the car as a mobile platform for marketing and advertising and will get it wrapped once I can finalized the design but
the capsule could have many practical uses. Hmmmm.

Unfortunately ceramic coats have become a mainstream trend and most detailers out there are using it to their adv. you may have to cut again and polish that area...might even get away with a scholl s20 with rupes yellow/orange pad. Either way you can then reapply your c coat.

Ultimately, you should consider a wrap if you want the ultimate protection. my .02

Back