• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finspeed 19" Wheels 2" Wider Front and Rear

I posted in another thread but wanted everyone to know that I had my car at Finspeed in Austin TX, and they produced a very nice wheel that is 2" larger front and rear. 19x10.5" front and 19x13" rear. They can produce the rear in 20" if wanted. I ran Hoosier A7 at the track with 295/30/19" front and 345/30/19" rear. I would not recommend running this compound at the track on this heavy car, though, as it prematurely wore the outer shoulder from overheating, and I have 3 degrees front and rear camber. l will try a set of R7's or other harder compound in the future. When running this wide front tire, I recommend removing the 2 screws at the top of the inner fender that secures the fender liner.

Erik

Attachments

• ADV-351.jpg
    ADV-351.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3235.jpg
    IMG_3235.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 310
What were the specs on the wheels themselves? I want to get some HREs with wider than factory measurements that are more flush. Thanks!

I took my car to Finspeed in Austin as I live here and they built the wheel, and I remember that the front brake caliper is tricky to machine around, so be careful asking HRE to build you a wheel without having a car to measure themselves. I don't know the specs, but MY measurement of the backspace on the front is 7 7/8" and the rear is 8.5". Again, it needs to be very exact as my front wheels rub the sway bar, ever so slightly on the inner wheel at full lock. I've heard HRE makes a good wheels, but talking with the owner of Finspeed, and seeing the construction and design process, I would have no doubts about their strength and manufacturing. I even had them machine "NSX" on the outer lip as a nice added touch, and they accept the standard Acura center caps.

Back