• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First 2 days of ownership!

Hello nsx prime!!

I finally bought my NSX this past weekend! - 96 red/tan - and I wanted to share my incredible first days of ownership with you all.

It was already an awesome weekend and to top it off - my friend and I drove through the Tail of the Dragon on our way home. As I pulled into the gas station, low and behold - there was another NSX (a yellow one - [ silverwing ])! As we took the time to document this wonderful conincidence with our cameras, 3 MORE nsx's showed up![ trushine/titaniumvtec/R13 http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159065 ] As we were chatting, I explained that I had just picked mine up and that I was worried about the lack of wax and protectant (especially on the bumper) on my maiden drive home. At hearing this, "detailer" offered to clean off my bumper and spray it down with protectant for my drive home - THANK YOU so much "detailer"!!! you are the best! What a wonderful weekend and experience to start off the ownership of my dream car!

I've been following the "you know you own an nsx when" thread, and I have a few to add already.
1) You are paying HOW MUCH for a 96? (loan officer who was obviously not familiar with the nsx)
2) Is that your red corvette ( < 5 hours into ownership )
3) You paid HOW MUCH for a 2006? [ my response: "no ma'am - a 1996" ] ( DMV clerk )

First purchase - science of speed front license plate holders - stupid IL front license plate laws!

CT, the car looks great! Very awesome that you got to run into those guys at the dragon. Glad you made it home safe and sound! Congrats!

Wow, what a great experience with your first days of ownership. I can tell you that it will get even better as time goes own. I purchased my NSX exactly 6 years ago on April 15th. To this day I frequently walk into the garage just to take a look.

I wish I had been in town to meet you at Leith Acura when you picked up your car.

Regards, John

Hello nsx prime!!
I've been following the "you know you own an nsx when" thread, and I have a few to add already.
1) You are paying HOW MUCH for a 96? (loan officer who was obviously not familiar with the nsx)
2) Is that your red corvette ( < 5 hours into ownership )
3) You paid HOW MUCH for a 2006? [ my response: "no ma'am - a 1996" ] ( DMV clerk )

First purchase - science of speed front license plate holders - stupid IL front license plate laws!

I can relate...
1) mine was the Utah state trooper that looked at me like I must be some type of an idiot to spend that much on a 91 Acura (my maiden journey home on I-80 heading East). He let me go on my way.

I ended up getting a SOS license plate holder after the 1st year... NE has the front plate law too... even though I see cars without them all the time. After getting a warning to get it fixed & inspected I submitted to the law.

Welcome to the NSX family.

Great looking ride (I am of course partial to the color combo!) and wonderful to hear you got to REALLY drive it so early on.

The front bracket didn't bother me as much as I thought it might once I had it installed due to the angle of how it sits when installed. I *thought* it was going to end up being flat faced, like the one attached to the black NSX in the photo below, but as you can see it goes in at quite an angle (see red NSX parked next to the black one). This is just the standard mount and not the fancy stealth one.

234.jpg

Hello nsx prime!!

That happened to me, too! Made me think twice about the reported purchase amount re: taxes/fees....

Nice! It makes me all warm and fuzzy reading about how you met the other NSXs by chance on your trip home. There's no feeling like it, since our cars are so rare. Enjoy your sweet new ride and looking forward to reading more of your posts on Prime! :smile:

Welcome and congrats on your purchase! If you haven't already found it, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki (off the red action bar at the top of most pages) for lots of useful NSX-related information. It's a work in progress but lots of good stuff there for new owners.

I had the same experience with my '92 at the DMV. The lady behind the counter asked me why I paid so much on for my old Acura. I told her that it was worth every penny and showed her a picture of it on my iPhone. She had never seen or even heard of an NSX until that day... :cool:

I had the same experience with my '92 at the DMV. The lady behind the counter asked me why I paid so much on for my old Acura. I told her that it was worth every penny and showed her a picture of it on my iPhone. She had never seen or even heard of an NSX until that day... :cool:
Ditto, but at the bank. The cashier was like "you're paying HOW MUCH for a 99 Acura? :eek:" I showed her a photo of the car on my phone, and she shrugged her head and said "sorry, I'm more into Porsche Boxsters." :rolleyes:

Back