• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First NSX….then more!

I purchased my first NSX in September of this year. I hadn’t planned on it but my wife saw it and couldn’t believe I hadn’t tried to make a deal on it. Long story short I was the owner of a Brooklands Green that afternoon and then drove it home tailing her in her 991 GTS. Let me preface this next part with the fact that I have owned 7 911’s in my life as well as Ferrari, McLaren etc. I was blown away by the car. I slipped effortlessly in and out of traffic behind her much more powerful car and had a grin on my face the whole time. This car is indeed special. I’ve heard stories, and it was always on my list of cars to acquire, but damn…what a car. That led me to meeting Jonathon DiCandia here in SoFLo who is the resident master tech and such an amazing guy as well as the group of NSX owners down here who I chat with daily! It really is a special community of people and I am just thrilled to be part of this. Since buying the ‘95 Brooklands green we have purchased a ‘21 NSX and on the truck heading our way is a jaw dropping ‘96 Midnight Pearl that I was lucky enough to nab just last week. I have already put some upgrades into the ‘95 and have had the pleasure of working with Chris @ Science of Speed and some of his team and have bothered RJ @ Kuya Automotive daily it seems like. Anyway lol, happy to be here and looking forward to being part!

I purchased my first NSX in September of this year. I hadn’t planned on it but my wife saw it and couldn’t believe I hadn’t tried to make a deal on it. Long story short I was the owner of a Brooklands Green that afternoon and then drove it home tailing her in her 991 GTS. Let me preface this next part with the fact that I have owned 7 911’s in my life as well as Ferrari, McLaren etc. I was blown away by the car. I slipped effortlessly in and out of traffic behind her much more powerful car and had a grin on my face the whole time. This car is indeed special. I’ve heard stories, and it was always on my list of cars to acquire, but damn…what a car. That led me to meeting Jonathon DiCandia here in SoFLo who is the resident master tech and such an amazing guy as well as the group of NSX owners down here who I chat with daily! It really is a special community of people and I am just thrilled to be part of this. Since buying the ‘95 Brooklands green we have purchased a ‘21 NSX and on the truck heading our way is a jaw dropping ‘96 Midnight Pearl that I was lucky enough to nab just last week. I have already put some upgrades into the ‘95 and have had the pleasure of working with Chris @ Science of Speed and some of his team and have bothered RJ @ Kuya Automotive daily it seems like. Anyway lol, happy to be here and looking forward to being part!

Welcome! Cool story and you have to post pics of the Midnight!

Hey Rockerchied,

congratz on the NSX :) Midnight Purple is for sure "one of the greats". :thumbsup:

I think you have to use some external pic-hosts like dropbox, pic-upload, abload, imageshack etc.

Congratulations and welcome. One of the things you will quickly realize is the NSX community - with about 20,000 total NSXs (first and second generation) sold all time, the community is much smaller than the P-Car or BMW communities...it is much closer to the McLaren or the F-car communities.

There is a great core group of NSX owners (and even former owners) that are active to help the community when issues or questions arise.

If you have any questions or challenges/issues (from locating parts to solving some "naggy" problem) reach out here and for more rapid response, the NSX Owners Group on Facebook...

Thanks Honcho, would love to post pics but it always tells me I’m not allowed. Smh

Hey Rockerchied,

congratz on the NSX :) Midnight Purple is for sure "one of the greats". :thumbsup:

I think you have to use some external pic-hosts like dropbox, pic-upload, abload, imageshack etc.

Yep, until we upgrade the forum, you need to use an external host. I use a shared folder on Google Photos and then link to the pictures here.

Thanks Van, I have already noticed that the camaraderie here is much better than any of those other groups. Nice to be among people that realize it’s not a competition, but one where everyone is welcomed equally bound by a love of these wonderful cars.

Thanks Van, I have already noticed that the camaraderie here is much better than any of those other groups. Nice to be among people that realize it’s not a competition, but one where everyone is welcomed equally bound by a love of these wonderful cars.

haha unless you are in the advanced run group at nsxpo...:biggrin:

It makes me happy to see new members expressing this feedback- the friendliness of NSX Prime is the main reason we stick around. I really hope to surprise you guys with new forum software this year. Should make things like posting pictures from your mobile devices easier.

Welcome! To go from one NSX to three in the blink of an eye is pretty impressive.

Welcome to the club and to Prime. Plenty of good people on this forum, and definitely a good place to get expert advice when/if the need arises. Enjoy your ride(s).

New NSX Owners

Yes, Congratulations on your NSX purchases, I joined after I ordered a 2022 Type S, the Forum is awesome IMO. I have been in Touch with "The Kid" after I sent him pictures of his S as I was at the NSX Experience the week before him and I met with EZEDDY recently as he asked to see my S as he was waiting for his.

I bought a 2022 911 in June, great car, I only have 400+ miles on my S so far, so I have some more driving time before I can comment other than it is FAST. I am driving up to Cary, NC in May for the MidEast meet to get to know more members in person.

Have fun with your 3 NSX's.

Back