• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For the record re: Comptech camshafts

whoa. i should've visit more often. didn't know you were able to get these near uni-corn cams! the lift is pretty mild when compare to what's available for the little brother B series DOHC VTEC heads... i can make some new OEM quality chill cast cores for NSX for reasonable price. as the sticks are pretty short... i might have to look into this more seriously.

If you haven't installed the camshafts yet, could you measure the VTEC / non-VTEC intake and exhaust cam lobes along the two axes in the picture?

With those eight measurements, we could confirm the lift specs Comptech published for the VTEC lobes and that the non-VTEC lobes still have the stock lift.

I know this thread is ridiculously old but in case anyone cares, here are the measurements. Taken with a set of Mitutoyo digital calipers reading in increments of 0.01mm.

Intake

lobe a: 36.92mm x 31.19mm
lobe b: 38.45mm x 31.48mm
lobe c: 36.59mm x 31.13mm

Exhaust

lobe a: 36.37mm x 31.20mm
lobe b: 38.11mm x 31.48mm
lobe c: 36.22mm x 31.24mm

A is closest to the cam gear, B is the VTEC lobe, and C is furthest from the cam gear. I found the cams to be somewhat inconsistent with the base circle varying by up to about 0.20mm but the difference between the base circle and lobe measurements were very precise give or take 0.01mm or so.

Last edited:
I have a new set of cams in my motor. Hope to complete the install into the car soon. This will be a long tuning process since it's a high compression motor with a few new "experimental" parts thrown at it including a new cam profile. You can subscribe to my build thread here as i'll keep that more updated as the weeks come. Also busy at work but will try to keep the updates on the regular.

Yes, ATR can produce brand new cams. He uses the CT profiles on what he calls his "S" cams and the Todas (Spec B I think) on his "R" cams. Great deal and very high quality.

IIRC the "R" spec cams are clones of the Toda C profile. I bought the "S"/Comptech profile, quality seems good but a few lobes on my set had some sharp burrs on the edges that needed to be carefully ground off, they would have cut grooves in the rocker pads otherwise so make sure to carefully inspect them. At first I tried to file the burrs and my file just bounced off since the material is so hard, so I got a dremel grind stone and just held it by hand and scraped at the burrs until there were no protrusions.

Last edited:
Back