• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Forgot to release the parking brake???

Is there any harm done, or wear to the brakes, motor.???

The reason is that I forgot to release the parking brake on my NSX??? Drove for half a mile...then I realised.

Anybody done this before...?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
sorry I just had to laugh
biggrin.gif
not in a long, long time. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing remembering why.. Mary....
biggrin.gif

Worse case with the distance you drove is your pads and rotors will need to replaced. However I suspect you probably just wore the pads down a lot.

Originally posted by gomaidy:
Is there any harm done, or wear to the brakes, motor.???

The reason is that I forgot to release the parking brake on my NSX??? Drove for half a mile...then I realised.

Anybody done this before...?

I've done it for like 2 feet... i'm sure if it was at night, you had a nice 'glow' protruding from your rear tires... that would have been priceless to see on film
biggrin.gif

I did that when I was test driving S2000!
biggrin.gif
I was like, hey dude, why is this thing so damn slow! The pedal is to the metal! and then the dealer dude noticed the hand brake up...hehehe I felt like a biggest ass that day.

DanO is right, no harm to anything but pride.
biggrin.gif
It's like lightly riding your brakes for 1/2 mile.

ok thanx guys....I guess am just getting old & forgetful these days. (I am only 23)
biggrin.gif

The funny thing is that my friend last week did this on his BMW, drove hard in the freeway, and all this smoke started to come out from the rear brakes.....found out later that he forgot to release the parking brake. I was like hahahahah what an idiot...
But I guess I am the idiot now..
biggrin.gif

Back