• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fourtune 500 coilovers

What's up guys, I'm sure im going to beat the dead horse with this one but imma do it anyways. Just got rims for my 92 and I'd like to bring it back down for looks only. Ride is great just looks ridiculous with the fender gap. Had the car 3 years and put maybe 700 miles on it. Will never see the track or any harsh driving if I'm gonna be honest. It's a date night car. Pretty set on the fourtune 500 series coilovers and ready to buy right now, but not sure of spring rates. The default is 10/12. Good/bad? Most likely going to do the swift upgrade springs because it's cheap and why not. Anyone have real world experience with these coileovers and can share some input. Need to bring this thing back down from the moon asap.

Attachments

• 20220608_062214.jpg
    20220608_062214.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 38
use the search button, these and others have been extensively discussed as well as spring rates. I went with BC DS coils with swift 8/7 rates.

use the search button, these and others have been extensively discussed as well as spring rates. I went with BC DS coils with swift 8/7 rates.
Agree 8/7 or 8/6 is better for street duty. If you do not track the car, even the Type-S spec would be fine and even more comfortable: 6.5/5

Kinda even more unsure now. I assume u guys are saying go with a lower spring rate due to the fact i will not drive it in a manner i would need stiffer springs. I guess of all the threads I have been reading here I have yet to see anyone recommend that low of rate for anything.

Just want something that will ride similar to the way it does stock. If it happens to feel a little more stiff or grounded that would not be an issue

Just want something that will ride similar to the way it does stock. If it happens to feel a little more stiff or grounded that would not be an issue
Spring rate is only a part of how the car feels/rides. Poorly damped shocks with soft spring rates will often ride "harsher" than high quality shocks with high spring rates. There are also the motion ratios of the suspension itself and tire choice than can affect the feel. You can really go down the rabbit hole on this.

I drove the BC (similar damping profile to the Fortune) on 10/8 for years and found it to be firm, but comfortable. I've driven the same shocks on 8/6 and for me, it's the perfect setting. Others may feel that it is still too harsh. Regardless, 8/6 is going to feel firmer than stock. If you really want the (very good) OEM NSX ride, I would go with the Type-S/Zanardi rates of 6.5/5 and make sure Fortune Auto valves the shocks to match those rates.

10/12 IMO is too stiff for the street, unless you have super smooth roads. If it is a "date night car" then the last thing you want is your date complaining about the ride.

8/6 is as firm as I would go and for pure street driving I'd even consider 6/6 which is what KW ships with their V3.

Good choice with the Swift spring upgrade. I have those on my MCS dampers, and they ride noticeably better than the other springs out there.

Just keep in mind... the lower your ride height the stiffer the spring you will need in general unless you like your tire making contact with various parts of the cars chassis. The softer the spring the more suspension travel the car will incur. This also has a direct correlation with how aggressive you drive and the roads your car is exposed to.

Let's just say... the guys with super slammed NSXs with 6/6 KW V3s are forced to drive conservatively (aka like a Grandpa). You can salvage some handling characteristics by going stiffer on the springs but you start to compromise elsewhere. Also keep in mind.. the stiffer the spring, the better your damping has to be to control it.

Long story short... Go with what your damper manufacturer suggest.

P.S. I have zero personal experience with Fortune Auto. I have heard they have a decent entry level damper.

Thanks guys now I'm even more unsure.
Honestly tho I appreciate the input. I have done about as much digging as I'm willing to do for 1 or 2 inches of drop. Thinking I'll go with ur suggestions and come down in rate to preserve the ride. Thanks again ill get back with pics and ride comments when it's said and done.

Easiest thing to do is know your car's purpose, know your spring rates, know your budget. That should narrow down your options.

Got these bad boys in this past week. 10k swift springs front and rear. Based off manufacturer suggestions to stay at or near recommend rates.

Looking forward to getting them installed and see how they are.

I'll post back with some opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_20230109_202203_636.jpg
    IMG_20230109_202203_636.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 37
I have Toda's with 12/10 and find them to be perfect. Firm but not harsh. I have thought about getting 8/6 as I only track the car 2-3 times a summer. I had Bilstein's with Comptech springs and it was awful.

Got a few hours free on Saturday to put the coilovers on. A little low for my taste so I'll have to bring it back up when i get some time. I will say it looks like a whole new car. Only drove it to grab some dinner but I was impressed with how smooth it was despite the seemingly higher spring rate. Ran it on 7 clicks from full soft just to begin with. But time and adjustments will tell. Next will be to bring it up a little, then do a corner balance and alignment. If anyone has a recommendation in so cal IE area let me know. Once it's set up how I want it and I take it on a decent drive I'll check back in with some type of feed back. Thanks to all who gave some input I appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230122_181121_074.jpg
    IMG_20230122_181121_074.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20230122_173958_174.jpg
    IMG_20230122_173958_174.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 19
Got these bad boys in this past week. 10k swift springs front and rear. Based off manufacturer suggestions to stay at or near recommend rates.

Looking forward to getting them installed and see how they are.

I'll post back with some opinions.
Im looking into the same set up, these are fortune autos? How long was the lead time?

What's your ride height measuring from the ground to the center of the front and rear jack points? (The bottom of the jack tabs).

Not sure have never measured it. Going to have it corner balanced at some point but I'm lazy and don't drive it very often. Then I'll get a better ride height I'm sure. Still a little low for my liking but rides amazing in my opinion.

Back