• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

free vpn for your laptop / other device(s)

folks,

thought these might be of interest / use to others while you're out using your laptop / other device to cruise the net:

free wireless / wired vpn:
anchorfree.com (hotspot shield download)
took 1 min to install on my laptop. tested it using thunderbird but my mailserver times out :( i can access web-based apps using it just fine.

apparently publicvpn.com and hotspotvpn offer paid wired and wireless vpn.

hal

I don't know anything about these specific recos, but the idea in general is a good one.
I'm not sure if people realize other people can read the websites you're on, the emails you send, etc when you're on wifi.

The only downside of using a 3rd party VPN, is the VPN owners can now read all your traffic, so you have to have trust in them.

I don't know anything about these specific recos, but the idea in general is a good one.
I'm not sure if people realize other people can read the websites you're on, the emails you send, etc when you're on wifi.

The only downside of using a 3rd party VPN, is the VPN owners can now read all your traffic, so you have to have trust in them.

yup :(

Back