• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Friendly Acura -Middletown New York

LJSB

Suspended
Well it's been about 28 hours since I picked up my new 2020 NSX from Friendly Acura in Middletown NY.
I could not be happier. Every employee I met, saw or passed by was incredibly nice, happy, said hello and seemed to be as excited as I was.
They all wanted to say hi and thank me for my purchase. My car was prepared flawlessly and the techs were grinning with pride. The General Manager, Mr. Colin O'Brien was so wonderful having the documents and car ready to go and fussed over me and the car like the brother I never had and always hoped for. I have never, NEVER had such a delightful buying experience. He treated me like a rock star.
Colin, by the way, is also a 1st Gen yellow spa NSX and Integra Type R owner so he understands the crazy we feel.
I have been to other Acura dealers but I never saw or felt the enthusiasm and most of all the kindness Colin and his staff extend. They enthusiastically waved from the front parking lot as I pulled out to leave like I was one of their family leaving for a cruise around the world.
The car was pristine and not a dot or spec of dust.
I have bought many cars but never, never experienced such anticipation of every need and genuine caring.

They were so knowledgeable about the car and glad to explain and answer every question. Amazing people.
Amazing service. Friendly is in their name and it is REAL. I've had 2 phone calls since making sure my maiden voyage was smooth but more , I could tell they understood how happy this was for me. I never expected the enthusiasm and sincere care and will not forget it. Thank you Friendly Acura of Middletown and thank you Colin O'Brien!
GO there. You will not regret itView attachment 167109

Last edited:
:smile:

Yep, I've spoken to Colin on a few occasions. He's one of the good guys. Congrats on the purchase!

...so more pics Joe....:smile:

Maybe you can claim a deduction if you slap his name on the car..................

Congratulation Joe. Have fun with your new toy.
Mr. Colin O'Brien is a great car guy and Friendly Acura is total opposite of Paragon Acura in Queens. It pays to make the trip to Middletown from NYC.

Last edited:
Congratulation Joe. Have fun with your new toy.
Mr. Colin O'Brien is a great car guy and Friendly Acura is total opposite of Paragon Acura in Queens. It pays to make the trip to Middletown from NYC.
Their NSX tech is the real deal.

That is just such a good looking car to my eye. There are lots of C8s in the greater Detroit area and I'm struck by how many divergent lines/angles, etc. are on that car -- just too much going on. The C8 looks OK (again, very subjective, but to my eye just "OK) in certain colors but in other colors I really don't care for it. I'm no automotive designer but the new NSX has a very clean/organic look to it IMHO. I think it will age well just like the NA1 and NA2s.

I really want a new NSX but in order to make that happen Baby would have to go. I have become very attached to her (speaking of my NSX here, not my wife) so I'll have to find another way to make the new NSX appear in my garage. We've got a few NSX owners here in MI but I can't seem to convince them to kick in a few bucks and enter into a fractional ownership arrangement -- would be a great way for us Michigander NSX owners to cover old and new NSX bases. Anyone?

Best,
Jeff

Well it's been about 28 hours since I picked up my new 2020 NSX from Friendly Acura in Middletown NY.
I could not be happier. Every employee I met, saw or passed by was incredibly nice, happy, said hello and seemed to be as excited as I was.
They all wanted to say hi and thank me for my purchase. My car was prepared flawlessly and the techs were grinning with pride. The General Manager, Mr. Colin O'Brien was so wonderful having the documents and car ready to go and fussed over me and the car like the brother I never had and always hoped for. I have never, NEVER had such a delightful buying experience. He treated me like a rock star.
Colin, by the way, is also a 1st Gen yellow spa NSX and Integra Type R owner so he understands the crazy we feel.
I have been to other Acura dealers but I never saw or felt the enthusiasm and most of all the kindness Colin and his staff extend. They enthusiastically waved from the front parking lot as I pulled out to leave like I was one of their family leaving for a cruise around the world.
The car was pristine and not a dot or spec of dust.
I have bought many cars but never, never experienced such anticipation of every need and genuine caring.

They were so knowledgeable about the car and glad to explain and answer every question. Amazing people.
Amazing service. Friendly is in their name and it is REAL. I've had 2 phone calls since making sure my maiden voyage was smooth but more , I could tell they understood how happy this was for me. I never expected the enthusiasm and sincere care and will not forget it. Thank you Friendly Acura of Middletown and thank you Colin O'Brien!
GO there. You will not regret itView attachment 167109

You make a pretty great client Joe. It was an honor to make your dreams come true. Happy motoring my friend. Speak soon

Another more than happy customer of Friendly Acura of Middletown. Yesterday was a bitter sweet day. Bitter because last NSX was build and sweet because our # 290 arrived. Thank you Colin O'Brian for everything . It was amazing experience and everybody at the dealership was so nice. Car arrived in the morning and Colin let me even unwrap it ! I felt lake a kid at Christmas. In the afternoon we had plates on it and on the way home. What a ride. I know that they say that you can take it straight to the track, but this is our first new car and I will take it easy for couple of hundreds of miles. I hope to be able put antique plates on this car 25 years from now. It started snowing as we were pulling home. What a timing.

Attachments

• 20221115_100504.jpg
    20221115_100504.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 21
  • 20221115_101054.jpg
    20221115_101054.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221115_174752.jpg
    20221115_174752.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221115_151217.jpg
    20221115_151217.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
sweeeeeet...Jana looks so sad:p

Incredible! Picked your Thermal Orange up on cars-dot-com a day or so ago into Middletown, NY - didn't know it was for you and Jana. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations both of ya !

A new car. .. . . . good on you. Drive the snot outta it.
All the best from Michigan!

P S Reliable Carriers are the best

Back