• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.
Just wondering if this is even feasible or if it has ever been done. If I were to get a BBK for the front (Brembo, Stoptech, etc), would it be possible to swap out the rear brake setup with the stock NSX fronts? How would the parking brake work?

Just wondering if this is even feasible or if it has ever been done. If I were to get a BBK for the front (Brembo, Stoptech, etc), would it be possible to swap out the rear brake setup with the stock NSX fronts? How would the parking brake work?

Please don't even think about moving the front to the rear. There is a very critical relationship between the caliper piston diameters, the master cylinder diameters, ABS and traction control. A major change like that without proper consideration of all of these factors could/would seriously compromise your braking system.

If you are going to upgrade fronts only, leave the rears as is. Otherwise, spend the money for the full F&R BBK. Personally, I think StopTech are the best by far. Plus I know that their kit is specifically designed to work with the stock rears effectively...

Don't do it. You'll be locking up the rears like a madman on the track. That's a major change to the brake balance that was worked out by better drivers than you.

actually it is about preserving the consistent piston face area ratio front to rear. say the oem piston area ratio front to rear is 2-1, if you find new front calipers that will have the piston area roughly twice the area of the oem fronts (now on the back) then proportioning valve and balance will be ok (simple fluid dynamics here). of course then the size of the master cylinder may not be adequate to create enaugh pressure to get full benefit etc.
everything is possible but generally it is not beneficial to upset the balance of an engineered system so unless you are interested in improving the looks, stock system is plenty capable with improvements in pads, lines and fluid.

Interesting question... Great analysis above. Believe it or not this is a pretty common mod on Gen 2 Vipers. SRT-10 brakes to the front, Gen 2 OEM brakes go to the rear. But of course thats a different platform and it was well researched and works (meaning the ratio stays consistent and the MC is adequate)

Back