• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Spoiler Question...

I'd like to replace the front lower black plastic spoiler on my '91 NSX due to the fact it has several small scuff marks and scratches.

My question: Will the spoiler from the new NSX, which to me seems nicer looking, bolt right up and fit onto my car without modification?

Also, how about the Wings West front spoiler I hear so much about? How does this spoiler look in person?

Originally posted by Mike O:
My question: Will the spoiler from the new NSX, which to me seems nicer looking, bolt right up and fit onto my car without modification?

Yes

The 97+ spoiler will work with your factory bra, however, you will need to stretch the corners where the 97+ spoiler is 1/4-1/2 inch longer.

Another alternative is the ScienceofSpeed Chin Spoiler and RM Chin Spoiler. Info on the SoS Chin Spoiler:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/SoS_Chin_Spoiler_family/

Thanks,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

I have a 91 and put on a used newer style lip that came pre-scuffed...I just spray painted it flat black, and every now and then i re-spray it. I came to realize that anything that is that close to the ground will get scuffed/scraped/scratched pretty quickly so trying to keep the lip 'pristine' is futile...

Although not shown in my avatar, I just installed the wings west spoiler and it looks perfect. It makes the car look like something right off the race track. Everyone looks at it and remarks how perfect it looks on my car. I'll try to post some pictures.

I put a 2K official driveway scraper on my '91. The mounting is exactly the same on all years.

In fact, I think the only scraper they currently sell is the newer version.

Or go with the WW lip, I will. It's cooler.

My '91 now has the newer front spoiler on it (thanks to some collision repair) and it fits fine, but it is taller and therefore scrapes more than the previous one. I have already had to order a new one (from Gunn Acura, naturally) because it scrapes so much that it tears lose. No amount of sideways creeping can prevent it from scraping at my wife's work - and she isn't going to stop driving it.
smile.gif
I have just begun budgeting for a new one every couple of months. Ha-ha.
I have such bad luck with the stock one I have been reluctant to even consider an aftermarket one, let alone a painted aftermarket one. My car isn't even lowered.

Just got off the phone a little bit ago with Tracy at Gunn Acura, where I ordered a new '97 and up front spoiler for my '91. He saved me 25% off the price that my local Acura dealer quoted me!

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Originally posted by Ryoma:
My '91 now has the newer front spoiler on it (thanks to some collision repair) and it fits fine, but it is taller and therefore scrapes more than the previous one. I have already had to order a new one (from Gunn Acura, naturally) because it scrapes so much that it tears lose. No amount of sideways creeping can prevent it from scraping at my wife's work - and she isn't going to stop driving it.
smile.gif
I have just begun budgeting for a new one every couple of months. Ha-ha.
I have such bad luck with the stock one I have been reluctant to even consider an aftermarket one, let alone a painted aftermarket one. My car isn't even lowered.

You think that's bad. I have my NSX lowered 1 1/2" in the rear and 2" in the front...beat that for asphalt scraper. :) Handles great on the track where I won't scrape, so I don't complain really (except here for dramatic effect), since I don't drive it often on the street anymore.

-A

Back