• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: BBSC w/ aftercooler and HKS FCon VPro

After a run in with the law, I've decided that the supercharger must go. It's been incredibly fun and I hope it finds a new home with someone that can control there right foot better than I.

What it is:
Paxton Novi 2000 based BBSC system with 8 and 10 lb pulleys and aftercooler with heat exchanger/water pump.
$5500

HKS Fcon Vpro ECU w/ 95+ NSX Wiring Harness (I don't know if the harness works for earlier years, so I assume it does not, this is still cheaper than the ECU by itself!).
$1300
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1965

HKS Navigator (Allows you to monitor just about everything going on with the car from a small display).
$250
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=2557&rsku=0

AEM Wideband O2 sensors and controller
$400
http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=842

Price for all electronics (HKS Fcon, Navigator, AEM Wideband): $1900

Price for everything: $7300 ($150 incentive for removing hassle of piecing it out, I will not piece it out more than listed above).

- I ran it with a 10 lb pulley and made 470rwhp. I was targetting 400rwhp. After a retune it came to a more reasonable 430rwhp. If you just want a little boost throw the 8 lb pulley on and you'll be under the generally considered "safe" mark of 400rwhp.

- The aftercooler and ECU are what makes this different from other offerings. Aftercooler = lower temperature = safer boost.

- You may have read or heard bad things about the BBSC. These are all related to the SSBox ECU used in the early configurations. BOOST IS BOOST. The HKS Fcon Vpro is an AWESOME unit, and you retain all stock functions. All the guages still work, traction control still works, air conditioning still works, etc...

- The BBSC gives you gobs more power in a linear fashion. Peak power is at high rpms, just like a stock car (or two stock cars).

Nathan
clarknm @ gmail . com

Some pictures of the system installed:
bbsc1.jpg

bbsc2.jpg

bbsc-df.jpg

Last edited:
Bump. :cool:
100_0814.JPG

Overview.
100_0815.JPG

Electronics.
100_0816.JPG

AEM O2 Sensors/Controller
100_0817.JPG

HKS FCon VPro + Navigator
100_0818.JPG

Water pump, radiator.
100_0819.JPG

Different angle.
100_0820.JPG

Supercharger and aftercooler.
100_0821.JPG

Pulley side with 8psi on the ground, 10psi installed. Alternator and crank pulley inside the serpentine belt.
100_0822.JPG

Same stuff further out.
100_0823.JPG

Intake side.
100_0824.JPG

The supercharger itself.
100_0825.JPG

Another angle.
100_0826.JPG

Drive line.

Last edited:
Bump. Final price: $6800 for the whole thing. If I can't get this price in the next few months I'll simply put it back on, I'm spending all my time on the track anyway so the cops aren't an issue anymore. :eek: I'll sell the electronics separately only if the BBSC itself is sold first, since I'll need them if I end up putting it back on the car.

Last edited:
Back