• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: ScienceofSpeed Type-S Style Shift Knob (w/ Retainer Clip)

Hello,

I have for sale a ScienceofSpeed Type-S Style Shift Knob (w/ Retainer Clip).

I purchased this from a another member who changed their mind about it and now i'm selling it for the same reason. I never used or installed it myself and the finish looks blemish free. There are no nicks or scratches of any kind.

From the SOS website:

"We've been very impressed with the shifting in our Zanardi edition NSX. The shift knob used in this special edition is the same found in the Type-S edition NSX in Japan. This factory designed heavy-weighted shift knob feels excellent in the hand and the weight allows the knob to easily drop into gear. The factory price is $380.00+, so we had to find a way to replicate the design and finish for our customers.

After testing in materials and finishing, we were able to accurately replicate this shift knob.

The shift knob starts from T304 billet as is machined to factory dimensions. The knob is then ground, micro bead blasted, and vapor polished. The elaborate finishing process results in a semi-luster finish that is beautiful, hard, and durable - exactly replicating the factory finish.

With its heavy weight (440-444 grams) -*it's remarkable what a difference this makes in shifting precision.*Compatible with both the NSX the S2000, this shift knob improves the driver's ability to make quick and precise gear changes - improving shift times, and reducing the chance of mis-shifts while driving aggressively on the street or track.

installed height:

This shift knob works with either the factory gear selector or the*extended straight thread gear selector. The extended thread gear selector allows this shift knob to thread down lower for shorter throws - which works especially well with the NSX transmission cable design.

clip options (NSX only):

This knob is a replica of the factory knob, and adds a clip-in feature that is designed for 1991-01 factory shift boots that have a clip retainer attached to the shift boot (as shown in the photo above)."

My picture below is the exact knob you'll receive.

I am asking $110 shipped to the lower 48 states.

20211106_140029.jpg

Last edited:
Is this still available?

Whats your paypal?

Back