• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel Injector Cleaners

Actually, I had a similar question. Lately, my car has been harder to start when cold. I'm sort of suspecting dirty injector among other things. So would this hurt your car??

Originally posted by ak:
Actually, I had a similar question. Lately, my car has been harder to start when cold. I'm sort of suspecting dirty injector among other things. So would this hurt your car??

I, and many others, swear by Chevron Techron used regularly as preventative maintenance. YMMV.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Originally posted by Saturn:
Any of you use them (Chevron Techroline, STP, etc) ?

Any harm done to the car or is it just a waste of money ?

I like to use REDLINE fuel injector cleaner. Haven't had any problems...been using it for some time now. I also like their other products too. Motor oil, transmission oil, etc. They all work well.

C.

Originally posted by cormone:

I like to use REDLINE fuel injector cleaner. Haven't had any problems...been using it for some time now. I also like their other products too. Motor oil, transmission oil, etc. They all work well.

C.

I too use Redline (SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner). One bottle treats 100 gallons and you use it every fill up. At $5 per bottle, that's an extra $.05 per gallon. That's about the same cost as Chevron's product.

The BG 44K is 100% of the "Techron" chemical, while the Chevron Techron is only 5% of so of the actual ingredient that does the cleaning. IOW, Chevron remarkets the BG 44K, but dilutes it.

For full-strength...use BG 44K...don't get it on your paint, else you'll cloud it.

Andie

------------------

yes, BG is not diluted and should work well. Anyone know where I can get a can in the Bay Area? Seems like it's hard to get.

Also, any stores that carry Redline fuel injector cleaners here?

Lately, my car has been harder to start when cold. I'm sort of suspecting dirty injector among other things.

One of those "other things" could be a battery that needs replacement...

Anyone heard of Motovac? Looks like people are saying good things about it and the cost is really not that much.

It's a system that hooks into your fuel system directly (rather than being dumped into the fuel) that really cleans out the car.

Back