• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fujitsubo Super Ti Exhaust

So many of you may have been reading in other threads that I want this muffler. USDM "importers" are charging between $4,500 and...wait for it... $6,400 for this exhaust! That's just nuts. I thought I would do a little sleuthing to get an idea of the markup.

Well, I found it at Hirano Tire in Japan for Y294,520, or $2,833.

http://www.hirano-tire.co.jp/fujitsubo/paji768.htm

DAC has it for Y298,500, or $2,871.

http://car.indac.jp/product_shousai.asp?hin=10706101001

So, that is a $1,700+ discount over the US options. I think we are running into a "JDM Factor" premium here and I am not willing to pay $1,700 for that BS. So, any ideas on how I get one of these mufflers over the pond? Even with shipping costs, you are still way under the US markups. I know there are some members here with JDM parts, so just curious how you did it.

Last edited:
Almost all of my JDM parts were purchased by me in Japan -- at least the really oddball stuff ("H" airbag, JDM tail light lenses, etc.) -- I used to go there on business several times a year and carry the bits on to the airplane. I thought my car was "done" until I read your posts about this exhaust. Now, I'm not so sure.

Someone on Primes goes back and forth to Japan... Any volunteers to bring stuff back (or arrange to have it shipped while you're "in country") ?

Also -- what about Hirofumi Tomiyoshi or somebody else there who might be able to assist?

Last edited:
Good luck with your quest Honcho. I'm definitely pulling for you to get your dream exhaust. I find it to be a very intriguing exhaust after reading your various posts about it.

As far as getting Japanese parts directly, I was able to get my NA1-R Enkei wheels straight from Garage Kite with the assistance of a friend that is fluent in Japanese. She acted as a translator and interpreter between me and Garage Kite over emails. Since the wheels were used and Garage Kite seems to be more of a independent shop versus retailer, I don't know if you would be able to go through the same process for a brand new product from a retailer (like the ones you listed). Customs fees and taxes come to mind for shipping things internationally. In fact, I recently had to pay at time of delivery some Customs fees for a set of used coilovers I purchased from someone in Canada.

Last edited:
ask some of our soon to be returning military members.

It seems like you can just walk into Hirano Tire and order one. I wish it was that easy for us here in the States. Most of these sites say there is a 1-2 month wait for the exhaust, as it is a custom-order part at this point. So, all we need is for someone local in Japan to order them and then ship them once they come in. Maybe one of our service members as the Doc suggests?

I know Vance had a guy a while back, but he is not very active on Prime anymore.

Last edited:
People go over to a "middle man" that can get you the part have it shipped to them in japan, and in turn they will get it to you. I'm familiar with tetsuyagarage.com or nengun and see what's up.

Quick update. I was able to purchase the exhaust directly from Hirano Tire for JPY260,430, or $2,564 at today's exchange rate. After taxes, shipping and handling, the total was JPY344,229, or $3,390. Still a much better deal than through a US source. Will post full review once mounted.

Talk about determination. I hope its everything you hope for man. I don't think i'd go to those lengths.

Quick update. I was able to purchase the exhaust directly from Hirano Tire for JPY260,430, or $2,564 at today's exchange rate. After taxes, shipping and handling, the total was JPY344,229, or $3,390. Still a much better deal than through a US source. Will post full review once mounted.

wow nice please post video clip.

btw how long is shipping from japan?

Last edited:
Honcho what is it about this exhaust that it is a must-have for you, performance, light weight, sound?

wow nice please post video clip.

btw how long is shipping from japan?

Depends on shipping method. I chose SAL, which is surface in Japan, air over the ocean, and surface in USA. About 2 weeks. I could have done express air, but it was JPY 50,000! :eek:

Fantastic Paul! Where are these exhaust threads man?

Do you mean my previous discussions? If so, it is here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/180687-SOS-ECU-Tune-questions-about-who-has-had-this-installed-and-their-experiences?p=1775080&viewfull=1#post1775080

Honcho what is it about this exhaust that it is a must-have for you, performance, light weight, sound?

It is the only exhaust for the NSX that is a no compromise solution for my needs. For the record, I like my stock exhaust. Especially for my daily driving needs. It is quiet at idle, has NO DRONE at any rpm, and makes my car sound like the Best Motoring videos over 5,000 rpm. It also is sized correctly for the engine and gives great throttle response and low end torque. Unfortunately, it weighs almost 50 lbs, robs my car of about 10 whp, and could be a little bit louder at high rpm. So, what I want is something that (1) sounds close to the stock exhaust around town, (2) is louder at high speed, (3) has no drone, (4) weighs at least 25 lbs less than stock, (5) has a low bass tone, and (6) maximizes the benefit of my headers.

Most people would say the Comptech, but it is only 1, 2 and 6. I have heard many different exhausts for the NSX and all the lightweight options are too loud and/or drone. The only one to hit all six requirements is the Fujitsubo, since it was designed with the Japanese NSX customer in mind- discrete around town, loud at the track (but not too loud), and maximum performance. Plus, it has this deep bassy tone you only seem to get from titanium. It sounds mean. I honestly don't think you can hit all the requirements without titanium. There is just no way to make a stainless exhaust quiet enough and still hit the weight target. I also like that the Fujitsubo exhaust will work well with my Pride headers, which are essentially the same layout and size as the Fujitsubo headers. This way, I can take advantage of some of Fujitsubo's in-house tuning.

Good job Honcho, just when I think my AP-X. Was the best manufacuted exhaust. And regan's one off exhaust were the best options out there. You throw a wrench in there with the fuji, I can't wait to hear it and then this might be the one that I have to get. I remember hearing a fuji rm01a with toda header on an ITR back in the 2000's and damn near lost my mind with the symphony of vtec I was hearing.

Good job Honcho, just when I think my AP-X. Was the best manufacuted exhaust. And regan's one off exhaust were the best options out there. You throw a wrench in there with the fuji, I can't wait to hear it and then this might be the one that I have to get. I remember hearing a fuji rm01a with toda header on an ITR back in the 2000's and damn near lost my mind with the symphony of vtec I was hearing.

Lol. :) I saw the Fujitsubo called the "King of NSX exhaust" on a Japanese website during my research. I can't wait.

That is great Honcho. Congrats!
Definitely looking forward to your review.

For some reason I'm really excited for you and this exhaust, lol. (You'd be a great salesman at advertising it, reading your posts about it makes me want one, hahaha.)

I too liked the sound and feel of my '05 exhaust manifolds, '00+ test pipes, and '00 OEM muffler but the weight was such a major drawback.

I'm excited for you too! My exhaust brings me lots of happiness every time i'm behind the wheel. Same with the coilovers. I'm excited for all of you feel the same way I do. Early congrats! Hope nothing happens along the way. Insure that bitch!

That is great Honcho. Congrats!
Definitely looking forward to your review.

For some reason I'm really excited for you and this exhaust, lol. (You'd be a great salesman at advertising it, reading your posts about it makes me want one, hahaha.)

I too liked the sound and feel of my '05 exhaust manifolds, '00+ test pipes, and '00 OEM muffler but the weight was such a major drawback.

I'm excited for you too! My exhaust brings me lots of happiness every time i'm behind the wheel. Same with the coilovers. I'm excited for all of you feel the same way I do. Early congrats! Hope nothing happens along the way. Insure that bitch!

Thanks guys, I am so pumped for this exhaust. It is fully insured, Regan- cost me an extra 3,000 yen, but worth it for a piece this expensive. I promise to post pics and videos of all the titanium glory.

Thanks guys, I am so pumped for this exhaust. It is fully insured, Regan- cost me an extra 3,000 yen, but worth it for a piece this expensive. I promise to post pics and videos of all the titanium glory.

Honcho,

Glad you got that exhaust that you wanted coming in!! Count me in as someone who would love to see and hear the exhaust in person, I'll meet you anywhere you want me too, also to introduce myself in person, let me know when it comes in thx.

It's a waiting game now, guys. They have to make it for me. ;) Plus, the big national holiday in Japan starts on April 29, so I'm really hoping the welders finish it and get it on the plane before then!

Update from Japan. My exhaust is ready and will ship on May 7, owing to the big Golden Week holiday in Japan. The whole county is basically on vacation. Can't wait!!

Back