• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fujitsubo Super Ti Exhaust

Honcho, any update? How are you liking it after a couple of months?

Any more videos?

Still waiting for the replacement from Japan. These things take forever to fabricate. Works of art, really. I only had it on the car for about 100 miles before removing due to the claim, but during that time my NSX was PERFECT. What a sound... can't wait to put it back on!

I kind of swore off aftermarket exhausts after my experience with the droning (CT, RM/B&B) and corrosion (RM/B&B). I wonder if corrosion is the reason we see sports car makers (corvette, for example) going straight from carbon steel with aluminized coatings to titanium and skipping stainless steel. This exhaust may have the reliability and non-annoying sound I've been looking for.

Man! Oh the timing.. If I wasn't in the middle of having my df nsxr power seats being built, I would been totally all over this!

Oh wells... I guess next year... Lol

Man! Oh the timing.. If I wasn't in the middle of having my df nsxr power seats being built, I would been totally all over this!

Oh wells... I guess next year... Lol

LOL at my price it might be around for a while so you might get your wish. I'm in no hurry to sell. Ti ain't cheap, though this is the cheapest you'll ever find one in the US.

Received the replacement from Japan and fitted this weekend. It's been months since I had this exhaust on my car and WOW it's like it's brand new all over again. Power, throttle response and that sound ... that Ti sound! At a stop light, it sounds like a stock NSX with just a little more bass behind the bumper. Inside the cabin is silent. Running up through the gears, it has this deep growl that sounds like the car means business. Get it into VTEC and it HOWLS. And, of course, NO DRONE! None! You can tell Fujitsubo spent the time tuning out all of the unwanted frequencies and keeping/enhancing the good ones. The best part is the exhaust does not drown out the quintessential NSX induction noise- it actually compliments it so your car still sounds like a NSX.

Final verdict on the Super Ti: The best NSX exhaust ever made. There is no downside or compromise. This will be on my car until I or my car is gone and I might just keep the other one as a spare. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. :D

Updated driving impression. The exhaust is getting a little quieter and is really starting to sound smooth now that it is broken in (I didn't have a chance to break in the first one as I removed almost immediately after install for the insurance claim). While the increased power is evident throughout the rpm band, I've been feeling the weight reduction more and more. After all, I just removed 25 lbs off of the extreme rear end of the car. Transition to steer is faster and, while snappier on turn-in, the car tends to resist a spin more when it starts to slide. It's easier to recover. We had a huge storm last week so all of these behaviors were amplified on the snowy roads. Hard to tell with my skinny snow tires, but the car definitely accelerates with urgency now. Can't tell if that is the increased power, weight reduction, or both. Can't wait to see what my Pole2Flag carbon bumpers do on top of this!

you have impressive sensory skills to notice the 25lb....or maybe cannabis enhanced neuro awareness:biggrin:

Could you please post more videos?

I'm planning on keeping my car stock, but your posts make me kind of consider this one modification. At the local NSX drive a couple months back and at lunch with kertong the other day, I was telling everyone that you should get a kick back or something from Fujitsubo because of your salesmanship. :)

you have impressive sensory skills to notice the 25lb....or maybe cannabis enhanced neuro awareness:biggrin:

lol nice dig at Colorado, Doc. ;) Pole2Flag has a nice discussion of Polar Moment of Inertia (PMI), but suffice it to say, 25 lbs off the far end of the car (beyond the wheelbase) makes more than 25 lbs difference when the car starts to yaw. As I was slip-sliding to work last week in the snow, I noticed the car was easier to bring back back to center- less countersteer needed. Must be all those Gran Turismo all-nighter tournaments in the dorms kicking in. Or, *ahem*, studying. :D

Could you please post more videos?

I'm planning on keeping my car stock, but your posts make me kind of consider this one modification. At the local NSX drive a couple months back and at lunch with kertong the other day, I was telling everyone that you should get a kick back or something from Fujitsubo because of your salesmanship. :)

Ha! No, the reason I am posting so much is that when I was researching this exhaust there was no information about it anywhere, which was very frustrating considering the cost. The Super Ti was big in Japan for the NSX in the late 90's but sort of fell out of view since. By the time I started looking, it was something of a unicorn and many sources said (incorrectly) it was long out of production. I figure the next person who is interested in it can at least read a little about it here and see some pictures that are better than a fuzzy 64x64 scan on some JDM ricer site. NSX Prime has saved me so much time and money over the years I figured I would give back a little.

I'll try to get some more vids up, but it may have to wait until the summer tires are back on the car and I can "exercise" it safely at speed.

I've just ordered one from Japan. Painfully expensive. Now the waiting begins... supposedly 5-6 weeks to manufacture, plus shipping time.
I'll provide feedback on drone, if any, (there better not be!) when I receive it and get it installed.
I'm a completely stock '97 otherwise.

Nice! I hope you like it.

I sometimes think about trying test pipes just to experience some more loud but it's too hard to give up the civilized sound it has with HFCs, especially on the highway.

You've listened to the vids from jsl757?:
https://youtu.be/blvJIclSAcE

Thanks! No I hadn't seen/heard those. Glad to see though that it appears you can fully accelerate up the hill past the sound shack at LS with it. Based upon its stats I was thinking it might not pass their db limits.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sd7pWIP4mjQ

I've listened to the drive away sound on this one about a thousand times! :smile:

10.8kg

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

※社内テスト値です。データは測定車両、測定条件などで異なります。

標準(STD)FUJITSUBO
音量アイドリング64dB71dB
近接排気騒音(5475rpm)98dB99dB
3000rpm84dB85dB
5000rpm93dB97dB
4000rpm~6000rpm
レスポンス
101dB111dB

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

Last edited:
[MENTION=23132]keithsf[/MENTION] No issues with sound at MRLS - its one of the main reasons I went for the Fujitsubo.
We're located close by - I grew up in FC and now live in RWS, see you around!

Always a good day when your new Fujitsubo Super Ti arrives unscathed directly from Japan!! :biggrin:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 671
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 660
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg