• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fully Built Turbo Nsx 800 HP "Update "Dyno Day

I don't understand when you read both your threads.......you said your motor was already built but now you are deciding to go with a $1000 set of head studs and selling your arp studs and you said your motor build was gonna be under $10k?? And now you are selling AEM to get a Motec???? Doesn't sound like you are as you said......"baller on a budget" What is really going on with this "build"??? If I'm not mistaken, don't you have to replace the entire wiring harness when you go Motec? I also thought I remember the cost of going that route was close to $10k by itself.

he did the almost 800whp with the low budget as he had promissed and now after showing everyone IT CAN BE DONE he is desiding to go anothor route ...no harm in that

If that's the case , nothing has been proven. Number one, could anyone read the dyno sheet? I sure couldn't. And even if he did hit the numbers he said once, I would hardly qualify that as a motor build under $10k holding up to 800hp and if so, why tear it down and rebuild it stronger? C'mon....announces his plan, less than a week later comes out with these numbers on a illegible dyno sheet and then starts listing parts for sale out of same motor as he is going Motec and crazy head studs less than a week after that, all the while claiming he is "one of the poorest NSX owners here" and to call him "BOB" baller on a budget....lol. I call BS

NA 1 the decision on the heads studs was made previously when doing the engine build a long time ago. I had the arp head studs lying around for awhile collecting dust & just recently put them up for sale.The AEM is up for sale as I will be upgrading to AEM Series 2 or was looking into Motec but after hearing what that system cost its definitely not Happening .Hope that cleared up any confusion for you.But Glad to see your paying attention so well to my build.I stated before I will be doing a Build Thread as well that will be in full detail with everyone's questions answered.Far as Budget build I am Referring to having accomplished building an 800 HP car for under the price of buying a standard 500hp Turbo Kit .

I don't understand when you read both your threads.......you said your motor was already built but now you are deciding to go with a $1000 set of head studs and selling your arp studs and you said your motor build was gonna be under $10k?? And now you are selling AEM to get a Motec???? Doesn't sound like you are as you said......"baller on a budget" What is really going on with this "build"??? If I'm not mistaken, don't you have to replace the entire wiring harness when you go Motec? I also thought I remember the cost of going that route was close to $10k by itself.

FYI, you DO NOT have to replace the whole wiring harness when you go MoTec. I know of 2 cars running on it with stock sensors and harness.

You know of someone with an NSX that has a plug and play Motec ECU using stock harness and sensors? Can you please tell me where there can be bought because Id like to switch over in that case as well. Onestep......I think you are adding up your costs on a broken calculator. Pistons, head studs, connecting rods, and sleeving alone is $6500 retail on the parts for your build.

.....and as I stated before, this is not to say you cant reach the HP goals you have claimed. But for those of us that have also built our motors and gotten turbo systems made, I dont think anyone even near your power level has paid less than $10k to have our motors fully built as being claimed here. Your turbo lists out @ just under $2k for the ball bearing model.

Yeah everything little things add up pretty quick like shipping and stuff too. But if u have friends hook u up with parts and labor that help a lot. Can't wait to see video of this car go down the track

Yeah everything little things add up pretty quick like shipping and stuff too. But if u have friends hook u up with parts and labor that help a lot. Can't wait to see video of this car go down the track

Yes I did have a lot of help labor wise & some discounts here & there on parts Track day coming soon

Any updates? I am very disappointed in the response this thread has received as I thought the idea of the forum was to get ideas, info, positive input, support and maybe some help if required. It is unfortunate, although I think that negative posting and hiding behind the internet is going to hurt all the good that this forum has done over the last years. Keep us posted and keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Any updates? I am very disappointed in the response this thread has received as I thought the idea of the forum was to get ideas, info, positive input, support and maybe some help if required. It is unfortunate, although I think that negative posting and hiding behind the internet is going to hurt all the good that this forum has done over the last years. Keep us posted and keep up the good work.

I agree we have some ego issues,but this is a simple case of someone boasting (a little) about how they were going to get a ton of hp with very little $, while some folks took umbridge with that because they spent lots of $ for less hp......what had to be teased out with a long thread was that the op had lots of gratis work done..also folks started complaining that other parts of the car would not stand up to that much hp,or a hard launch...but the op in thier minds brushed that off .....personaly if i'm going to accomplish something special better to post the results rather than talk about it before hand.

Uh oh, that's not a good sign. Usually when someone goes silent after a long string of posts and updates before a major build, it's typically not good. Hope to hear otherwise.

Thanks Mr Bozo been thinking the same thing I came on here to share some useful information that would benefit others at the same time .I by no means am a Nsx Guru but I took the proper precautions & suggestions of many of you prior to my build to do everything right the 1st go round .The results on our budget build speak for themselves 800 hp for the cost of a 500 hp Turbo kit available for our cars.This is using all top of the line parts including custom manufactured pieces as well.Fortunately we have had great support from Local vendors along the way ASAP performance being the shop responsible for my build this guy went out of his way to have our car done in record time & Rich Auto Works for all our custom welding & fabricated pieces.

We currently are enjoying the car where it is right now at 22lbs 741 RWHP
we went out last week to a Local 1/8 mile track for Test & Tune to get some seat time in the car & re-adjusting to Turbo set up.Once I feel I got the 1/8 mile dialed in good I will go to the 1/4 mile for attempt to break into the 9's .I will make a few passes at this power level to see where we are with the car & If necessary we will re tune again & go right to 800 rwhp then make another attempt.

I don't come on here to argue with people about How
Tires should be ripping off the wheels at my power level but they cant hook up at 500 hp
why the camera man dint fly out of the car when I accelerated
Why I sold my Head studs that been laying in my garage collecting dust for months
etc etc .LOL

Last edited:
Thanks Mr Bozo been thinking the same thing I came on here to share some useful information that would benefit others at the same time .I by no means am a Nsx Guru but I took the proper precautions & suggestions of many of you prior to my build to do everything right the 1st go round .The results on our budget build speak for themselves 800 hp for the cost of a 500 hp Turbo kit available for our cars.This is using all top of the line parts including custom manufactured pieces as well.Fortunately we have had great support from Local vendors along the way ASAP performance being the shop responsible for my build this guy went out of his way to have our car done in record time & Rich Auto Works for all our custom welding & fabricated pieces.

We currently are enjoying the car where it is right now at 22lbs 741 RWHP
we went out last week to a Local 1/8 mile track for Test & Tune to get some seat time in the car & re-adjusting to Turbo set up.Once I feel I got the 1/8 mile dialed in good I will go to the 1/4 mile for attempt to break into the 9's .I will make a few passes at this power level to see where we are with the car & If necessary we will re tune again & go right to 800 rwhp then make another attempt.

I don't come on here to argue with people about How
Tires should be ripping off the wheels at my power level but they cant hook up at 500 hp
why the camera man dint fly out of the car when I accelerated
Why I sold my Head studs that been laying in my garage collecting dust for months
etc etc .LOL

Quoted for awesomeness

Hahahahahahahahaha

Last edited:
......right..... the baller on a budget who is gonna run 35lbs of boost on a motor build that cost less than $10k to do. We are all waiting.

In all fairness i think there is only one "hater" and a few doubters.Nothing wrong with that.Thats what spures us on as competative and inquisitive creatures.The "negative" vibe is really just the reflections of those that have gone to the limits of usable hp with our cars and had some heartbreaks along the way.The other negative vibe is because in general most folks still treat the nsx as the unique exotic car it is...not the reliable honda it still is..thus the thought of "boosting" it into the stratosphere like every other civic out there is a bitter pill for some.......:smile:

In the works That Racing Channel is putting a video together in the next few days.

I would like to ad my voice to those supporting your efforts.

My dad always says believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear and perhaps the video will help convoince some of the more synical of what you have achieved if not the budget.
As I see it we all love the NSX and so we should focus on our common interest as a community.

Do you think you will make nsxcapades this year? We would love to see that beast.

not a hater.....just a disbeliever. And what really bothers me the most is how threads like this falsely portray the real world costs of doing what is being done here. For average Joe building an 800+HP NSX that will be as reliable as one could hope for.....NO shop is gonna build that motor to the specs thrown around in this thread for under $10k including removal and installation. Now on the other hand, if people are supplying free labor, parts at cost, etc..... than that is a different story alltogether, but the OP never disclosed that in the beginning at all, and actually all but said anyone that got overcharged by shops such as SOS or LoveFab was out of their minds. What is the difference between a 500HP and 800HP car?????? I think that difference would be injectors, turbo and fuel system. So having said that ,the turbo prices would be consistent as would the fuel injectors,clutch, and parts to build the upgraded fuel system. So how can you build a reliable 800HP car at the same cost you can a 500HP car. Numbers can never be the same if the build is a quality build done without cutting corners. OP stated he was using titanium rods in his sub $10k build.....the only other titanium rods besides stockers that I know of were made by Oliver and were priced in excess of $3k.....plus no longer available. So we can safely assume he is using stock rods on a motor that will get 35lbs of boost thrown at it....hmnnnnn does that sound reliable or does it sound like a time bomb. The entire thread has been misleading and foggy from the start when he started spewing his crap and inflating numbers of a GTR that magically made over 100HP more in his brain because thats what it should be from one dyno to another according to him. There are a few of us here who cut corners in the past and have paid for it with our wallets.....myself being one of them. I offered advise in the beginning concerning safety issues for the guy after he said he was going to DAILY DRIVE an 800HP car on the street with stock brakes....my bad I guess, since I actually DO have a car that makes big HP and know from EXPERIENCE that stock brakes will not be sufficient unless you dont ever plan on boosting car. At the end of the day, do whatever you want and hopefully you wont blow up your motor or hurt youself or worse yet someone else cause you were to cheap to spend the money for a set of BBK. I guess I should start telling everyone now since my car is done that it makes 1000HP at the rear wheels with race gas since Cody is tuning on a Mustang Dyno rather than a Dyno Jet and we are only hoping to see 800. And just a little more info.....Cody,with his racing wheels/tires on his race car could not keep traction on the dyno at all and did not put down 800hp....and both his wheels and tires were prolly just a little bigger and stickier than your DOT drag radials.

Back