• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fully loaded 4k mile Valencia Red 2017 sold for

for $150,000 on Bat a few minutes ago. Love it as people are starting to pay attention to this car

One could also argue that people are not truly paying attention since there are better deals to be had than overpaying on BAT....

One could also argue that people are not truly paying attention since there are better deals to be had than overpaying on BAT....

Agreed. There seems to be an influx of BAT users that have a ton of F.U. money and/or are serious car collectors/enthusiasts and don't mind overpaying.

Given pricing changes, the same car equipped the same way in 2020 would have a $203k MSRP. $20k incentive from Acura and $10k discount from a dealer (can be had without much effort) drops it to $173k.

I don't see how used prices can stay so high for much longer, with all the lease returns hitting the market. Time will tell...

Nice... Hope prices stay strong. Good to see it's being recognized!

Finally warming up and did a quick drive this past Sunday and people flip over it - the black is kind of stealthy so the red must really get attention. I need to go for another drive.

Maybe I am a bit too sensitive owning a NC1, but my sense is some people on this forum cannot wait to shit on anyone who might have paid what they consider too much money for one of these cars. I would ask how much they paid for their NC1, but I already know they do not own one. So is it just, If I cannot have one anyone who gets one is stupid? Or I hate this car and therefore everyone must see it is not worthy? Or is it just someone's opinion without any substance? Automotive auctions are a great way to purchase a car. Yes you can get emotionally involved but in the end that is what cars are all about.

This forum is supposed to be about folks who are enthusiastic/like/love their NSX regardless of year. Being critical is not the same thing as just trashing something, right? But it seems like there are those who have decided that the NC1 is trash and anyone who pays for one is out of their minds. As for the prices remaining strong, I just don't get why that is a problem? These cars are not tulips. There are well over 8000 NSXs of varying years in the US alone. Many of them have been beaten to death while some are real beauties. Yet the early cars are commanding some great prices. It could be that the automotive world has finally come to their senses and realizes that the NSX and the newer NC1 are both incredible cars.

Given pricing changes, the same car equipped the same way in 2020 would have a $203k MSRP. $20k incentive from Acura and $10k discount from a dealer (can be had without much effort) drops it to $173k.

I don't see how used prices can stay so high for much longer, with all the lease returns hitting the market. Time will tell...

Given the car had only 4k miles and appears to be in excellent condition, the buyer did get a discount from buying new. The cars are really very similar and I bet most people can not tell the difference assuming the tires are the same on the car. Again we are talking about under 3000 cars produced for the US to date. This car also had a complete wrap (another $4000) plus it has the carbon roof which is currently not available. Saving $23k and getting your car right away is not necessarily a bad thing. My sense is that as people really begin seeing and understanding the product that resale values will remain high for those with very low mileage and lots of options. It could end up driving away some of the discounts that Acura currently offers on the car. Not necessarily a bad thing. Another way to see this is that BAT shows off cars better than what our little forum here can do. A much wider audience sees the car that might not otherwise. So perhaps the higher price is evidence of improved appreciation. Or it could be a one off.

Last edited:
Maybe I am a bit too sensitive owning a NC1,.

This is my observation....the car does not need your persistent defense. Every owner I know of loves it.

This is my observation....the car does not need your persistent defense. Every owner I know of loves it.

True, well said that owners of the car really love it. So why do we have people on this forum who are supposedly long term NSX enthusiasts constantly finding crap to throw at the car. I just don't get it. Docjohn, I am old and much nearer the end than the beginning, so for me it is a matter of being straight forward. RSO 34 could have just said that he would never pay that much money for the car as he prefers the earlier NSX. But to suggest that the buyers are out of it does not ring of the truth. Just saying. I had a 91 for 5 years and my 2001 for 14 years, so I think I have a good vantage point.

Last edited:
I'll say it again...prime has helped me to understand others thinking.I have learned that confirmation bias is a real thing. Prime has taught me to have patience/empathy for my fellow man.How many times have I been quick to post....too quick..it makes me feel good ...but that is all it is .....on the other hand if someone states a true falsehood about the car then stating of corrective fact is warranted...but arguing about who's anus is prettier is futile....

The NC1 seems to make some NA1 owners feel insecure for whatever reason so they feel the need to interject themselves into every NC1 discussion to crap on the car even though most have never driven it and many couldn't afford it. It makes it difficult to have a productive conversation about the car on this site, hence why I and most other NC1 owners primarily stick to the Facebook group.

While that BAT hammer price + fees of around $155k is inflated from reality a little, it isn't too far off the mark. We are obviously in a supercar price bubble right now and once it is done it will be interesting to see where values land. They will be lower but the car will likely never leave the six figure range in any significant way, much to the chagrin of many (non owner) posters here.

I would encourage any of you FB owners to add to the prime collective...you just need to treat the car as a car and not an ego extension....iow tune out the peanut gallery.....

...also....Personally if I ever buy one I will still be me on prime...IMO there is of course some resentment of old owners that the new car did not fulfill some inner wants/desires. Of course the price also places the car in a different class to the average used old car....but watch those prices creep up for the low mile pristine ones....I know I will tune out the nonsense and add my ownership experience...just like Joe getting the Poughkeepsie hotties all in a lather...

I watched the BAT auction --- my initial guess was that it would be well bought at $140K ($145k with commission) --- so it went a bit above that as the bidders got into a bit of a battle. But IMHO that particular car was easily worth $140K. I've had several NA1's and a NC1 -- I love them all (actually miss my 2000 NSX....) -- but outside of the name, they are just really different apples and oranges. They are both GREAT automobiles. At the risk of being wrong, I too believe the NC1's will stay in the six-figure level (assuming no story and no abuse), as they such amazing cars and so few of them around. Hey guys - lets enjoy all things NSX, both old and new! Cheers, Jay

True, well said that owners of the car really love it. So why do we have people on this forum who are supposedly long term NSX enthusiasts constantly finding crap to throw at the car. I just don't get it. Docjohn, I am old and much nearer the end than the beginning, so for me it is a matter of being straight forward. RSO 34 could have just said that he would never pay that much money for the car as he prefers the earlier NSX. But to suggest that the buyers are out of it does not ring of the truth. Just saying. I had a 91 for 5 years and my 2001 for 14 years, so I think I have a good vantage point.

Other than being obviously defensive about a car you love I don’t quite get your comments about me. I have been in the community a long time and and was the only mod here for many years keeping the peace and the forum alive.

If you knew anything about me you would realize I know these cars and I also know pricing. The BAT price was above market under the current conditions but auctions can be like that so more power to the buyers and sellers who both get what they want.

Other than being obviously defensive about a car you love I don’t quite get your comments about me. I have been in the community a long time and and was the only mod here for many years keeping the peace and the forum alive.

If you knew anything about me you would realize I know these cars and I also know pricing. The BAT price was above market under the current conditions but auctions can be like that so more power to the buyers and sellers who both get what they want.

Bob, didn't you get a NC1?

Bob, didn't you get a NC1?

You don’t know Bob too well. 😆

I’m going to refrain responding to a few people until you remove my moderator status. And ive really been patient since my request. I’d like to get back to presenting my opinion of the car.

What you said above is perfect. I totally get your point of view. And I do appreciate all you have done for the forum. I just got my second Covid-19 shot yesterday and have a fever and body aches. So sorry for the rant.

I blame the Hennessey...:biggrin:

What you said above is perfect. I totally get your point of view. And I do appreciate all you have done for the forum. I just got my second Covid-19 shot yesterday and have a fever and body aches. So sorry for the rant.

This is the kind of civil discussion we want to see on Prime- thank you both RSO and drmanny for setting a good example.

-H

yep in every public forum there will be disputes and at least one of the parties has to yield....there is no shame in doing so...

I blame the Hennessey...:biggrin:

Switch to Martel. VSOP or Cordon Blue. Less regrets.

BAT told me what I could list my car(1996 NSX) for so I didn't. Screw that.

What I don't understand is why anyone would care if someone does not like their car or criticizes it negatively.
Who cares?

This happened to me:
A fellow at a light pulled along side my 1996 NSX with his red Dodge High Performance SUV. He yelled over through the passenger side window "This will blow that car away." I replied, "Yeah, What was I thinking? I should of bought one of those." I then popped in a cassette cued to "The Clarinet Polka" ( I kept it handy for circumstances like this:biggrin:)and blasted it LOUD, bobbing my head to the beat ,and grinning like a nut. That was FUN!

Enjoy your car and the discomfort it causes others.

Last edited:
This happened to me:
A fellow at a light pulled along side my 1996 NSX with his red Dodge High Performance SUV. He yelled over through the passenger side window "This will blow that car away." I replied, "Yeah, What was I thinking? I should of bought one of those." I then popped in a cassette cued to "The Clarinet Polka" ( I kept it handy for circumstances like this:biggrin:)and blasted it LOUD, bobbing my head to the beat ,and grinning like a nut. That was FUN!

You had me at polka......

Switch to Martel. VSOP or Cordon Blue. Less regrets.

BAT told me what I could list my car(1996 NSX) for so I didn't. Screw that.

What I don't understand is why anyone would care if someone does not their car or criticizes it negatively.
Who cares?

This happened to me:

This was the funniest thing I read all day!

Back