• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Future car? Need Opinions

Hi Guys so I need help on a decision. I found this NSX on Ebay and I am going to take a look at it. I would like a targa but I wouldn't mine geting an NSX without one for a good price. It has 95k+ miles which is something I don't want but then again SOS or hopefully Larry B can help a fellow New Yorker out with rebuilding the engine. So here it is, tell me what you think. Thank you in advance.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLEA...o=1&ViewItem=&vectorid=229466&forcev4exp=true

Why do you think an engine rebuild would be in order with only 95K?

Because 95k miles is alot on a car. I have a 95 Supra in the driveway that has 95kmiles with problems galore. But then again it is mostly from the computr after getting wet thanks to the last two hurricanes. I'm just going to stick to my plan and try to get a 95+ with no more than 70k miles preferably 45-50k

Whatever you do, dont even mention the word "interested" to the seller until you get an independent PPI / inspection done, first.

No need to rebuild a NSX engine at 95k unless it lived on the track for its entire life. The Supra engine is way tougher than the NSX engine and I would guess all of your issues have to do with mods and not the stock engineering. Not many cars need engine rebuilds below 100k, except rotaries....

I know 95k miles does not scream rebuild , I would just feel more comfortable. Because I also might turbo the car(which would need the build) or do NA mods like RDX injectors, headers, exhaust and intake to get 285whp hopefully. I feel like getting a lower mile car because the interior will also be in better condition.

Back