• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Future Owner

First time on this site and have no idea what I am doing. Well I own an Acura TL and noticed the post about the wrecked NSX and since everyone on Acurazine loves NSX's I fell in love. Well I was thinking of buying one in a few years (still in college but will most likely make enough to afford one) don't plan on buying a new one I love the first generation ones the most. So is there an all knowing post that describes a good amount of stuff? These are the things I was wondering...

1) Are these cars fragile? Am I looking at something that I am going to have to be throwing money at trying to fix it every few months?

2) I plan on getting something like a '93-'99 (matters how much I make and when I make it) is this a good idea for a weekend car or am I looking at something that after a certain age isn't worth purchasing.

3) Best part of the forum to find out the most info on the first generation and things like that.

Thanks in advance

NsXMas said:
Welcome.

1) no
2) any year is good, 91's are the most common and just as good as any other year.
3) FAQ is a great place to start.

Thanks and AWESOME car you have there, hope I can find a deal like that when I am ready but wont be upgrading to a Ferrari ;) like you baller

are there any threads that say how much you should make before you buy one? I am not one to get in over my head but whats a ballpark figure if I plan on getting a 200k house (that's actually big in my area) 1 kid 2 daily cars (prolly used, not into new cars)

JesusJuice said:
are there any threads that say how much you should make before you buy one? I am not one to get in over my head but whats a ballpark figure if I plan on getting a 200k house (that's actually big in my area) 1 kid 2 daily cars (prolly used, not into new cars)
There's a lot of threads about younger kids trying to buy one before they're really ready.

You can find a very nice used NSX for about $30,000. Typically you won't be able to finance that through a traditional bank, so it's better to pay cash or use home equity.

If I were you I'd get the house first with a garage, then look at the NSX.

JesusJuice said:
First time on this site and have no idea what I am doing. Well I own an Acura TL and noticed the post about the wrecked NSX and since everyone on Acurazine loves NSX's I fell in love. Well I was thinking of buying one in a few years (still in college but will most likely make enough to afford one) don't plan on buying a new one I love the first generation ones the most. So is there an all knowing post that describes a good amount of stuff? These are the things I was wondering...

1) Are these cars fragile? Am I looking at something that I am going to have to be throwing money at trying to fix it every few months?

2) I plan on getting something like a '93-'99 (matters how much I make and when I make it) is this a good idea for a weekend car or am I looking at something that after a certain age isn't worth purchasing.

3) Best part of the forum to find out the most info on the first generation and things like that.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum... I'm also originally from Acurazine.com and still hang out there.

1. No. Probably one of the most reliable exotics available.
2. The NSX is a fantastic weekend car. Some here also use them as a daily driver.

NSX-Tuner said:
Welcome to the forum... I'm also originally from Acurazine.com and still hang out there.

1. No. Probably one of the most reliable exotics available.
2. The NSX is a fantastic weekend car. Some here also use them as a daily driver.

cool beans, I don't plan on getting one for a while (4-5 years) but I tend to jump in head first into things so I thought this time I would do some planning and research before I actually get something.

NsXMas said:
If I were you I'd get the house first with a garage, then look at the NSX.
I agree.

I would also suggest that you should only buy an NSX if you can afford to spend several thousand dollars on an unexpected repair or two. Not that it is likely; it's not, but it can happen. If that's going to be a problem for you, then you shouldn't buy the car.

Back