• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuzion ZRI Tires, opinion please!

Hey all, new NSX owner here, just got a blk 97 in Feb

I already needed new tires. I put a set of Fuzion Zri's on the rear last week. The cost was reasonable...about $212 w/ delivery from Tirerack and $32 installation at the dealer. (Though they looked at me funny when I brought them in...I know, I know, I shouldn't skimp on the tires but was strapped for cash at the time).

Also considered the Kumho 712's, Falkiens, BFG's, and Michelin PS'(safe choice).

They handle and ride almost as well as the OEM Bridgestone RE010's tires (my last tire) after about 200 mi break-in, just not as smooth...about 90%. It's alittle noisier but for half the price well worth the sacrifice. Not as aesthetically pleasing as other choices. They handled well in the rain, but only drove it once in wet conditions. Definitely a street tire and not intended for track use.

Anyone else have any good/bad experience with Fuzion's?

Plan to put Michelin PS2 A/S (rear) in the fall for fall/winter driving w/RE010 front. Is this a good idea?

Thanks,

Joe

I used the Fuzion once. For street use they are, IMO, so-so. However, I wouldn't even think of tracking them because, they get greasy real fast and don't have the grip of the OEM tires.

Cruiser51 said:
Plan to put Michelin PS2 A/S (rear) in the fall for fall/winter driving w/RE010 front. Is this a good idea?
No. You should have the same tires (same make/model) in the front as in the back, in order to keep the handling predictable. For example, with RE010 front and an all-season tire in the rear, you are going to experience horrible understeer in cold weather, because the RE010 is a summer tire and doesn't grip in cold weather; you will turn the wheel and the car just won't want to turn. Don't do it. Use the same tires on the front as in the rear. And if you plan to drive your NSX in winter weather, you're better off getting a separate set of winter tires. (If your NSX is a '91-96, you can pick up a set of used NSX 15"/16" wheels for $100-200 for this purpose.)

NSXtasy,

Thanks, thats a very good point. I didn't think of that. This is my first weekend car so not really thinking of tires in those terms. I'll see if I can pick up a set of OEM wheels. Do you know how much a set for 97 wheels will cost? Thanks again.

Joe

MarkB said:
I used the Fuzion once. For street use they are, IMO, so-so. However, I wouldn't even think of tracking them because, they get greasy real fast and don't have the grip of the OEM tires.

Mark,

What tires do you use for everyday driving? Perhaps I may try the tires you suggest. I can always use some good advice.

Thanks.
Joe

FWIW, I use RE040's for street use. They give pretty good mileage and, for a street tire, very good grip. I use Yokihama A032S's on the track.

Back