• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage Revolution headers

DSCF6638.jpg

Revolution was pretty big into NSX's back in the day before they moved to FDs (and now GT86s), but can anyone tell me anything about their headers? FWIW they claim to use an equal length design.

Interesting. I know that Bisimoto did something for the F, D and B series community with his equal length headers and they made crazy power over the more standard designs. I had a set on one of my built D series motors and made 9hp on the dyno which is almost a 10% gain on a single cam 1.6L vtec motor.

96697395.jpg

Not much online about them but Bulletproofautomotive.com still shows them as "available" haha. The primaries look about the standard OD but from your photo it looks like a cat delete in a both banks merge into one then back out into 2 again. Do you have them on hand?

Interesting. I know that Bisimoto did something for the F, D and B series community with his equal length headers and they made crazy power over the more standard designs. I had a set on one of my built D series motors and made 9hp on the dyno which is almost a 10% gain on a single cam 1.6L vtec motor.

View attachment 172730

Those are some big gains, Bisi makes some cool stuff for sure. I haven't dyno'ed my Urge Designs unicorn header on the S2000 but I'm a firm believer of you get what you paid for (and buy once, cry once :tongue:)

Not much online about them but Bulletproofautomotive.com still shows them as "available" haha. The primaries look about the standard OD but from your photo it looks like a cat delete in a both banks merge into one then back out into 2 again. Do you have them on hand?

I'm looking at a set on Yahoo in Japan. I lost out on a set of KSPs a few weeks ago (bid 220,000 yen but sold for 231,000) but I can wait for something good and used.

I've always kind of been skeptical of the dynos on headers. Due to the layout, you might be able to squeeze a few hp more here or there or tune the torque band by the collector placement, but most NSX headers make around 20-25 more than the stock iron manifolds. I think the outliers (both above and below this range) are due to the dyno, car, tune, other mods, air temp, etc. I would imagine these Revolution headers are right around the 20-25 mark like all the other quality NSX headers.

In my experience the biggest issue with headers in the NSX is the engine transverse layout. There's no way to make a true equal bank system. You can make an equal length but there's no way to make the radius the same which alters pumping/scavenging losses between the banks.

Back