• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garmin GPS Holder using Ashtray mount

Do you find it hard to program and use your GPS because it is so far away when mounted to the front windshield? Or is it not stable enough when driving?
card_preview_PXL_20210504_224748800-min.jpg

This uses the ashtray mount to provide a very stable mount for your Garmin GPS since the windshield is so far away. Attachments included for both the ~45 mm circular mount or the 17 mm spherical ball mount. Use the circular mount if your GPS has both - it's more stable. Printed in orange for pics - the mount is not visible when installed and in use.
Allows you to use the Garmin GPS screen with a back-up camera like the BC40.
Note: different GPS units have different relative positions of the mounting point, so be sure to check compatibility with the shifter for your unit.
Negatives - blocks the lower 4 radio presets. Also, if you have a large power supply for the GPS (the ones with traffic included), you may need to get a (lower profile) accessory USB cigarette power plug and power wire.
Original Honda/Acura part: 77710-SL0-A01
Revised part: 77710-PID-A02

Use PETG, or ABS if you leave your car in the sun. Detailed print instructions on Thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4853095

Related Part: Garmin BC40 Backup Camera mount:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ra-Licence-Plate-Holder?p=2034693#post2034693

card_preview_PXL_20210508_200925472-min.jpg

User is responsible for determining suitability for purpose.

Attachments

• PXL_20210504_224748800-min.jpg
    PXL_20210504_224748800-min.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
A cell phone mount would be even better!
Coming right up! Already on my list for this location to draft for Prime users, although I prefer behind the shifter as in my other thread. Still working on the matching B/U camera mount. Give it a week or two.

TT

Last edited:
Coming right up! Already on my list for this location to draft for Prime users, although I prefer behind the shifter as in my other thread. Still working on the matching B/U camera mount. Give it a week or two.

TT

That's great! I use my phone for GPS and streaming music, so having the screen visible while driving is more useful for me than having it sitting flat over the coin tray.

That's great! I use my phone for GPS and streaming music, so having the screen visible while driving is more useful for me than having it sitting flat over the coin tray.
Sent you a prototype by PM so you can provide some input before I post it to the repository.
I would have put my phone there too if I could figure out how to get my rearview camera to display on it instead of my GPS unit. It's almost as big as my GPS anyway, so if I could just figure out how to get my Garmin BC40 backup camera to display on my phone...

Last edited:

TT

You are my HERO. I've been searching for years for a phone mount solution that does not block the vents or disturb the OEM look of the console. I was going to put a right angle piece of thin aluminum (painted black) in the thin gap between the console and dash and put a Scosche magnet on it. But, you would still notice it when the phone is not mounted... I want my S Zero to look like the Honda brochure at the car show. ;)

Do you find it hard to program and use your GPS because it is so far away when mounted to the front windshield? Or is it not stable enough when driving?
card_preview_PXL_20210504_224748800-min.jpg

This uses the ashtray mount to provide a very stable mount for your Garmin GPS since the windshield is so far away. Attachments included for both the ~45 mm circular mount or the 17 mm spherical ball mount. Use the circular mount if your GPS has both - it's more stable. Printed in orange for pics - the mount is not visible when installed and in use.
Allows you to use the Garmin GPS screen with a back-up camera like the BC40.
Note: different GPS units have different relative positions of the mounting point, so be sure to check compatibility with the shifter for your unit.
Negatives - blocks the lower 4 radio presets. Also, if you have a large power supply for the GPS (the ones with traffic included), you may need to get a (lower profile) accessory USB cigarette power plug and power wire.
Original Honda/Acura part: 77710-SL0-A01
Revised part: 77710-PID-A02

Use PETG, or ABS if you leave your car in the sun. Detailed print instructions on Thingiverse.
Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4849501 (some issue with thingiverse when uploaded)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4853095 (re-upload, seems to work.)

Related Part: Garmin BC40 Backup Camera mount:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ra-Licence-Plate-Holder?p=2034693#post2034693

card_preview_PXL_20210508_200925472-min.jpg

User is responsible for determining suitability for purpose.

Thank you for this post. I bought Garmin but have not installed it yet. Will try.

Back