• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gas overflowing?

Strange thing happened today. I got the car out and was heading home, when I decided to top off the gas (tank was only down about 1/8). I put the nozzle in as usual and noticed the speed at which the gallons and price go up was slower than normal. I figured since there was a slight bend in the gas hose that was causing it. Anyway, after about $9 I started thinking this seems like a lot of $ for the little bit of gas I needed. I kept watching the meter and all of a sudden I hear splatters of gas hitting the ground. I look over and gas is pouring out of the car (actually underneath the car because of the drain in the fuel door). I stopped immediately and drove home. The strange thing is, I still am 1/8 down in fuel. Any ideas?

Sometimes when using the auto filler the car will burp a touch of gas onto the ground from underneath when it has had enough.

I Typically fill it manually to avoid that.

Sometimes when using the auto filler the car will burp a touch of gas onto the ground from underneath when it has had enough.

I Typically fill it manually to avoid that.

Thanks! And good to know. The strange thing is, it still shows 1/8 empty. I guess I will try and fill again this week (weather permitting) and see what happens...

Back