• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gas Prices and the NSX

Just wondering if the escalating price of gas will lead people to purchase the NSX instead of its V10 and V12 Lamborghini and Ferrari counterparts? I realize that these other machines are out of this world...but it must be horribly expensive to drive them...and I am not even considering the maintenace costs...lol!

Dam - One of the X-men :cool:

I would think that if you're able to afford a Lambo or F car you're not too worried about the price of gas. That plus those cars don't get a lot of miles put on them.

I would think that if you're able to afford a Lambo or F car you're not too worried about the price of gas. That plus those cars don't get a lot of miles put on them.
Yup. Median mileage on Ferraris is around 2K miles per year, so their owners are buying 100-200 gallons per year on average. So you're only looking at a three-digit annual gas cost, a pittance compared with the purchase price of the car, which is well into six figures.

also considering the 7 liter corvette z06 can be had brand new for the price of a garage queen nsx but weighs the same, 215 more hp, and i think its 26mpg highway, and the 8.3 liter v10 600 hp 85,000 dollar 08 vipers have highway mpg rating of 23, i dont think gas prices have an effect on peoples decisions who want a fast world class car,

the nsx is not for everybody, then again, neither is a corvette, viper, ferrari, lamborghini, aston martin, or the like, its not like people are daily driving thier f50 ferrari's rated at 8 and 12mpg, in most circumstances, high power sports cars are cheaper to drive than an suv or truck, hell, mercedes 55's, 63's, and bmw m3/m5/m6 get around 12=14mpg city, and 18-21mpg highway

Honda have VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) to reduce fuel consumption so V10 wouldn't be a problem.

well the thing only weighs 3100 pounds, but obviousley when your anything but putting along you get significantly less, its gotta feed that beast 7 liter:eek:

Hell, that's why I now use the nsx for long trips out of town. The mileage is better than my truck.

Yup, I drove a F355 Spider and a 2002 nissan truck about 500 miles round trip this 4th of july weekend.

The Ferrari got better gas milage then my "work truck". :mad:

Damn:eek:how do they squeeze that kinda mileage out of a Z06.

Supposedly from what I've read in the past, optimum fuel economy is at peak torque (Peterson's off road ?). From a domestic V8, that's usually pretty low rpm so I'm guessing the vette V8 should be fairly low too. I also heard that 6th gear/overdrive in Chevy V8s also drop the motor into loooooooow rpms. So that coupled together should be the magic key to their good highway economy. Same goes for the viper.

Back