• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Getting close to Finished, some Pics from Today (8/16/08)

DSC03160.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03173.jpg

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03185.jpg

DSC03191.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

DSC03197.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03210.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03226.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

john,

i wish i had your rims, oh wait, i all ready have the ssr's. Either way, love your taste. can't wait until i see your numbers on Wednesdays. see you at the "dyno day,:

i dont own an nsx, but i saw you driving on the la paz stretch between moulton and paseo de valencia. your car sounded nice because you were pushing it! nice car btw :D

John,

Love everything about your ride except the wing. I know it's got the power, but w/ the stock non-widebody, the wing just looks disproportionate and well, rice?! It would be killer w/ the clean lines of the factory (unassuming/sleeper) wing. Just my 2 cents.

John,

Love everything about your ride except the wing. I know it's got the power, but w/ the stock non-widebody, the wing just looks disproportionate and well, rice?! It would be killer w/ the clean lines of the factory (unassuming/sleeper) wing. Just my 2 cents.

I appreciate the input; right now, I think it looks off because of the OEM '02+ sides, and the old wings west rear spats - I am installing Impact Magic rear spats (similar to the OEM '02+, but more aggressive), as well as Kawagen skirt flares, to give the rear more presence, similar to this car:

188_13.jpg

very nice

If I may offer a few suggestions.

first of all make sure those seat belts are safe and effective. There is nothing worse than having to use them and not being effective. I went with a g-force 5point harness (FIA approved).

I haven't followed up on your turbo build but It looks as if your FMIC is a bit restrictive. The end tanks and the diameter of the entry and exit path of the airflow look a bit restrictive. You might get a bit more hp out of it that way.

The rear end looks like it's missing something...I don't know what.

Great looking car overall.

If I may offer a few suggestions.

first of all make sure those seat belts are safe and effective. There is nothing worse than having to use them and not being effective. I went with a g-force 5point harness (FIA approved).

I haven't followed up on your turbo build but It looks as if your FMIC is a bit restrictive. The end tanks and the diameter of the entry and exit path of the airflow look a bit restrictive. You might get a bit more hp out of it that way.

The rear end looks like it's missing something...I don't know what.

Great looking car overall.

The belts are Schroth autocontrol ACM, they're one of the safest street belt systems, and are properly mounted (proper angle to the roll bar); the seats are FIA approved Sparco Evo 3, mounted on OEM rails.

The front-mounted cooler is not an intercooler, its a heat exchanger for an air/water system, 3/4" hose brings cold water from this cooler to a second radiator in the engine bay, where the intake charge is passed through, cooling it; the now heated water is then pumped back up front, into a reservoir, then into the front-mounted heat exchanger. This model is a fluidyne upgrade heat exchanger for the Ford Cobra mustang, which uses the same system.

Looks like F-50's rear view mirror.

Just beautiful, what type of diffuser do u have on? Thanks

Impact Magic

Looks like F-50's rear view mirror.

Its produced by Zoom Engineering, its a copy of the Ferrari F50 mirror, I have the carbon version in my 1991, and the red one in my 1994.

hey john have u ordered the route-ks side skirt flare yet?

I have ordered them, then canceled the order, and am thinking about ordering them again :redface:

I purchased the ZAZ front lip, and its in Japan with my broker waiting for me to decide on the side skirt flares, then I will have both items shipped to me. In the mean time I have the Cantrell front lip installed, which is a bit wider. I received a quote of 81000JPY for the side flares, which I still feel is a lot for something this small, produced out of FRP.

I talked to a local fiberglass fabrication/bodyshop, and they said they can fabricate, install, paint, exact copy flares for less than the purchase price of the ZAZ, but they want my car for a few days, and I am worried because I don't think they will look good unless they are just right.

What adds to the dilemma, is I also have the Impact Magic rear spats going on the car, which have their own flare (in the opposite direction) to them, but this flare might not match up with the Route KS side flares - if I have the skirt flares custom made, I could match the flares, but then the flare might be too aggressive.

Looks great as usual John. I actually enjoyed the look of the GT-One headlights but we all know how that turned out :rolleyes:

Nice choice of parts, and its so jdm tyte it hurts.

Scorp, why Dirk Digler?:redface:

Impact Magic

Its produced by Zoom Engineering, its a copy of the Ferrari F50 mirror, I have the carbon version in my 1991, and the red one in my 1994.

I have ordered them, then canceled the order, and am thinking about ordering them again :redface:

I purchased the ZAZ front lip, and its in Japan with my broker waiting for me to decide on the side skirt flares, then I will have both items shipped to me. In the mean time I have the Cantrell front lip installed, which is a bit wider. I received a quote of 81000JPY for the side flares, which I still feel is a lot for something this small, produced out of FRP.

I talked to a local fiberglass fabrication/bodyshop, and they said they can fabricate, install, paint, exact copy flares for less than the purchase price of the ZAZ, but they want my car for a few days, and I am worried because I don't think they will look good unless they are just right.

What adds to the dilemma, is I also have the Impact Magic rear spats going on the car, which have their own flare (in the opposite direction) to them, but this flare might not match up with the Route KS side flares - if I have the skirt flares custom made, I could match the flares, but then the flare might be too aggressive.

Route-KS Japan wants to do a blow-out sale on the ZAZ item! the price is really good, but they don't want to sell them cheap locally, so they ask me if i can take 10 sets side and 10 sets front lip! i don't know if we have enough interest tho!

Back