• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Give up? Or keep waiting? (please guide me)

GPW_NSX

Well, as you know all know by the looks of my Username..I have been in the market for this amazing car for about 3 months now.

Im just about ready to give up, in search of an NSX :frown:

What do you guys think? Am I looking in the wrong places? (i.e Autotrader,Recycler,NSXPrime)

Or do I just have horrible luck when I'm in the market for something I desperately want.

Sorry, but I needed to exhale my eager behavior of wanting ownership of an NSX. Especially coming on this board everyday. :redface:

Anyhow, Im looking for a ...

91-up RED or Black (MUST have black interior) w/ out a LOAD of miles (nothing higher then 80k)

in the price range of 25-29k...

What do you think?

Am I way out of ballpark..or think its possible?

How long did it take you guys to find your "prized" possesion..cause this sure is getting frustrating. :mad:

I'm looking for almost the exact same thing, I've been looking since about November and probably won't buy until next spring. What you are looking for shows up from time to time, I'd be patient because if you're anything like me you know it would be well worth the wait.
Oh yeah, sometimes dupontregistry.com and nsxtraderonline.com have some that are worth checking out.

keep on it! I see them all of the time, dont just search in your area, you might have to take a flight but it might be worth it for the right deal...

Yah, Ive come to the belief that I am more then likely gonna have to get one out of state.

Keep and eye out for me! :biggrin:

When you check on Autotader do you search any distance? I am pretty sure that there is generally one or two on there, but you may need to travel to get it. If you really want the car that bad, take some vacation days and fly now during the airline price wars and drive home. If you raise your price limit to 30k there are more in a search and that does not mean that the buyer won't take 27-29k.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...rice=30000&distance=0&address=60527&x=51&y=12

well, I just called on one that had supposed 32k miles 1992 ..and talked to the guy for about half an hour.

Tell me what you guys think about this...

He told me that the car has "TMU" True miles unknown?

and that he thinks the miles are really in the 40k area...

they only want 29k for it too..

what do you think..yay or nay?

Thanks again

NSXxDreamer said:
Am I way out of ballpark..or think its possible?

Anything is possible but if you don't want to wait and wait and spend countless hours searching you should consider raising your price range a few grand so you dont have to wait for an absolute bargain, just a fair priced car.

and how did this happen? the tmu? odometer broke ?

NSXxDreamer said:
well, I just called on one that had supposed 32k miles 1992 ..and talked to the guy for about half an hour.

Tell me what you guys think about this...

He told me that the car has "TMU" True miles unknown?

and that he thinks the miles are really in the 40k area...

they only want 29k for it too..

what do you think..yay or nay?

Thanks again

There is one in the Houston Chronicle that is a one owner (astronaut) car and about what you're looking for. Sorry, I already threw the paper out, but I am sure you could find the ad on the internet under the paper name.

2Dobes said:
There is one in the Houston Chronicle that is a one owner (astronaut) car and about what you're looking for. Sorry, I already threw the paper out, but I am sure you could find the ad on the internet under the paper name.

Ill buy you dinner and a beer if you get that info for me :wink:

NSXCELERATE said:
and how did this happen? the tmu? odometer broke ?
the dealership sales guy, said he had no clue as to why it was "TMU" ..that was the way he got it.

What do you think?

How about this one: (edit: owner does not want link to personal homepage shown. It can be seen on cars.com, a silver coupe under 30k)

*I don't know the buyer/car. Just a suggestion. I'd lean towards one like this with records and owned by an enthusiast/NSXCA member.

Last edited:
Cars.com is a good resource too, its ads are primarily placed in newspapers around the country, and cross posted to cars.com. Very user friendly also, much moreso than autotrader.

Will

Thats a VERY NICE CAR...Silver/Black COUPE...WOW!!! Drool!!

Mike

Last edited:
Like the links on here indicate, there are a boatload of '91s and '92s in your price range.

NSXxDreamer said:
that is the one that has a "TMU" reporting on it (True miles unknown)..which is pretty scary to me...as a noob in the NSX world.. :frown:

I did not know that. I would stay away from it then.

NSXxDreamer said:
Ill buy you dinner and a beer if you get that info for me :wink:
Sounds great! I'm hungry. :D

There is one car listed in the on-line version of the Houston Chronicle. It's a black '91 with 55K miles for $31,995. You can view the listing by clicking here.

Keep looking....NEVER give up!

Took me 6 months to find the right one. Be as choosey as you want to be in the price range you want.

It's well worth the wait. If you see one you like and interviewing the owner/carfax is ok, post on Prime so one of us can go check it out for you. Nothing like pulling up in an NSX to go check out an NSX! Try to get it before NSXPO so you can come....or come anyway!

Dave

Took me over 19 months of research to find the right one. It was well worth the wait. Bought it from a member here through ebay. Never give up. Have your due dilligence done, the $$$ ready and when the right car comes at the right price, grab the opportunity as it won't last long if it's REALLY the right thing !

Good luck

Back