• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GLUE FACTORY? MPH Magazine April article...

...from page 54.
Beautiful BLUE NSX pictured, with 8 other vehicles.
Here's the article:
"Honda's supercar was once the Man O'War of the automotive world. It is quick, beautiful, and above all, incredibly easy to drive. The NSX shamed Ferrari into stepping up its game, and the NSX continued to be the world's most comfortable exotic car despite being outpaced by most of its competition. But the Eye-talians and the Germans caught up. Updates like a targa roof and a bigger engine helped to keep the NSX fresh, but not even a new fixed-headlamp design (2002) can make anyone forget that it's more than a little long in the tooth. It doesn't even have a CD player. Instead, the NSX offers one of the last places to play your sun-warped Bon Jovi cassettes. Please, Acura, let the NSX die with dignity."

:eek: [email protected] - Jerry / '97 Blue NSX

As is, I think it should be put down too. Without something major to step up to the plate, it's time to retire the old design even as good as it is/was. Although still a bad-azz car, I do not see it justifying the $90k+ sticker price.

Now drop a detuned F1 style V8 in it and it's a whole new ballgame. Actually, anything with 400+HP and the car would be a contender again IMO.

And yep, the stock stereo MUST go. An indash CD player is a must! Make NAV an option. Maybe even change the body a bit. Hell, just make a widebody version an option from Honda too. A factory widebody with 450+HP would actually make it almost worth the $90k they're asking for the car. For a new NSX as is with the sub 300hp V6 currently offered, I don't think I'd be interested in it unless it were closer to the low side of $60k. But for the car I mentioned earlier, I'd spend the extra $30k for all that under a Honda warranty.

whiteNSXs said:
I think the magazine is right on dead center. Retire the car now and keep the pride. Don't drag the car on forever.
Steve

Could not agree more.

290hp for $90k is just plain crazy. No wonder there are so many NSX haters, that is probably the #1 reason.

If they are not going to retire the car, at least give it another 50~60hp boost.

I disagree. It goes way beyond horsepower. The car's styling, interior, mechanics, electronics, etc. are all out of date. It would be like Ferarri never ending their 348. Sorry, but cars must evolve. Honda is losing their rep accross the boards and losing long time loyalists along the way. I love my '91 NSX, but I plan to jump ship for my next car, sports or otherwise.

Im with Juice on this one. I plan on keeping the NSX, for quite awhile longer, just for fun. But I am looking at other avenues for my next car purchase. There is just too much out there being offered in a HP/price ratio that is more appealing to me. If Honda will step up to the plate, and knock out a 400+ Supercar, they will have my money!

NSX-Racer said:
Isn't that wrong? AFAIK the newer models have the CD changer as stock equipment (isn't it even MP3 capable nowadays?).
i think they are refering to an in-dash cd player,as oppossed to the cd changer in the boot.

I totally disagree, I paid less than 30k for my car and I tell everyone it's as good as the 2005!!!
I'm being sacarstic, of course.

Yes, if I won a lottery today, I would probably buy 2 more 02+ nsx... now if I just got a very unresonable good paid rasie; I would probably buy a 91 and spend 20k to modify it to 02 R spec. Does that thought process tells you anything??

The nsx always had its place in every HONDA man. But, till to this day, I still couldn't believed how hard it is to put the TL's double din stereo, heated mirrors, maybe a re-designed steering wheel made by momo, or, get this, replace that buzzing $13 rear-view mirror with the newer one, say, found in any of the $25k honda/acura's...

The list can go on and on... For my 91, I can live with that and excuse it, hey, you are still driving a 15 yrs old car. If I had my 05', I really don't know how to convince myself with stupid things like that.

NSX-Racer said:
Isn't that wrong? AFAIK the newer models have the CD changer as stock equipment (isn't it even MP3 capable nowadays?).

Thanks for verifying that, I thought those guys were smoking crack, :eek: I’ve been looking at newer moldels on e-bay and thought the were coming with cd players! :wink:

Back