• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GM: The Downside to Auto Industry Discounts

Discount that GM car all you want...I would still never buy one.

They will give the discount on a XLR, but not a corvette. How retarded is that!

Hmmm.... why retarded? :confused:

Discounts are incentives to move the customer in the wanted direction so they probably (I do not know the market) have more problem selling XLRs than Vettes... or they have bigger margins on XLRs. Or other reasons...

Ford and Chrysler/Mercedes just annouced they are doing the same. Although it is for a limited time only of course. And no, the GT isn't on the plan. I already asked.

gheba_nsx said:
Hmmm.... why retarded? :confused:

Discounts are incentives to move the customer in the wanted direction so they probably (I do not know the market) have more problem selling XLRs than Vettes... or they have bigger margins on XLRs. Or other reasons...

Corvettes may be in high demand in some areas, but where I am they just sit around. Not very many sell. Just like the XLR. I say if they are going to offer this program, just do it for everything!

Ford's plan is even worse on their number of exceptions.

So the next sales tactic will be the CEO discount?

Escalade, a suburban with leather and different headlights for 20k more is the reason why gm is not seling vehicles. do some R&D GM!

I have bought a new full size pick-up every 2 or 3 years for the last ~15 years. I just bought a new 05 Titan this year. After owning trucks from every other manufacturer I can say without a doubt the big three are in deep sh!t with the truck market.

Back