• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Going for a Dyno today in Edmonton, Should be interesting.

Thought I should get a dyno in order to sell my car with the correct bhp figures.
Will post results later.
Going down to Horsepower Solutions.
I'll run the high boost pulley on the old CT supercharger first, then the smaller one that is for the 3.2L engine and see if I gain or
its just a waste.
I'm not expecting too much but hope to see more than the 320 that I pulled with Shad down in Portland with the low boost pulley and stock exhaust.
We sit at 2200 feet here so am going to lose a little in elevation density.
They are two different dynos, so its just a number I know, but should be fun.
Chads Dynapack had me at 319/243 on low boost pulley in 2008 Sept at sea level
This guy has a dynojet. He had me at 296/223 on low boost pulley in 2008 June.
I can't remember if any of these had the prospeed hi flow cats or not added.
Once again just numbers, but some fun for the day.
p.s. I have low compression pistons so if you see my hp low, that is why compared to a normal compression engine, plus the low efficiency of the old Whipple.
Trev

The Results
337 Horsepower and 258 Torque with the smallest pulley I have.
I am happy with that and all of the results.
I see I am a bit rich at the upper rpms but still ok, reason why my bumper gets little black spots.....lol!
We pulled twice with the 3.0 engine high boost pulley and got 5.7 pounds of boost and 327 hp.
I changed to the smaller diameter 3.2 engine low boost pulley and got 6.7 pounds and the 337 hp.
1 pound = 10 hp....lol
I figure this is good and I like how the car feels and pulls, not bad for not having the FIC properly tuned.
Trev

IMG_6433.jpg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_eZTXHojM40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
You shouldn't lose too much up here Trev. With boosted engines forcing air in, the altitude has to be pretty damn high to notice a significant loss for an FI engine.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Back