• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Google Nexus 7 tablet in Navpod?

a 90 degree will not help unless you found one that I couldnt. I had first tried a Kindle though lacking the GPS I still figured the App Torque would work. Anyway even with it being a hairs with thinner I found a 90 still takes up the room. I'll snap you a pick when I get it back. Need to post some for the new wheels, carpet and SC but its being tuned so give me a day or two,

The idea of it being removable is nice, but @ $200, this is one best $/benefit additions you can make to a NSX. I really don't see the necessity of making it removable.

I'm interested in seeing how washed out these look in normal daytime driving conditions. My iPad is useless in the sun, and I figure these are no different.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lmbh7eAYL8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry it took so long to get you the pic, car has been at a tuners.This is the hole i drilled in the top, added the rubber grommet so I can push for on and off. Just make sure to off center toward the the rear of the unit. If you go direct over the button there isnt enough space to fit the rubber in. DSC_0473.jpgDSC_0474.jpg

I don't mean to hijack this great thread but the pics have got me wondering about something. Is there a version of the nav pod that is finished to match the silvery '02 console color?

I ordered the nav pod brackets from lmr for the gb he just did. My sister has told me she is getting me the Nexus 7 for Christmas so all that's left is the nav pod. I'm looking for a good deal on one and some one that has it in stock.

Once I have everything I will also be doing a nexus 7 install very soon

I've committed to doing this upgrade. Ordered the Nav Pod today from SOS. The $427 is a bit of a kick in the nuts so the tablet will have to wait till after the turn of the year. LoL. :)

I'm reviving this thread because I have both the Nav Pod and Nexus 7 tablet for install. I've had these for a while and I've exercised a temporary install solution. Without a Nav Pod bracket or something to hold the tablet in place I used 3M double sided tape to secure the face of the tablet to the Nav Pod. The Nav Pod and tablet sit in place securely without a Nav Pod bracket and I've yet to have it fly off during hard acceleration.

Looking for a more secure installation I did some measurements of distance and angles and drew up a template for a bracket that will secure not only the Nav Pod to the dash but also have surface area to secure the tablet as well. In this instance I would use double sided tape to secure the back of the tablet to this bracket. I gave the cardboard templete to my engineer buddy and he fabricated this out of .125" aluminum. Holes still need to be drilled and the angles of the upper arms of this example will need to be adjusted because the machine he used could not do bends smaller than 90 degrees. I'll keep ya'll posted on how this works out and document it with some pictures. Hopefully I will have something successful to show you :)

. Nexus 7 bracket.jpg

the only thing I dont like about this is reaching up to touch the screen for everything. I have 2005 Acura TL navi installed in my NavPod but integrated the TL buttons into the dash. so while driving I use the joystick
to control everything on the screen, touching it is so far up its a pain to reach and select things.

- - - Updated - - -

2013-03-22_16-28-02_821.jpg

the only thing I dont like about this is reaching up to touch the screen for everything. I have 2005 Acura TL navi installed in my NavPod but integrated the TL buttons into the dash. so while driving I use the joystick
to control everything on the screen, touching it is so far up its a pain to reach and select things.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 98816
Another reason why I'm dropping trackpad in the coin tray ;)

Question, will any Nexus 7 work? I have noticed that there are different models. I don't want to get one....and it be the wrong size.

Back