• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got ~$250k burning a hole in your pocket?

For ~$250k (U.S.D.), which of the following would you acquire & why?

• Total voters

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Got ~$250k burning a hole in your pocket?

So, the ultra high-performance mid-engine exotic sports-car niche` is getting interesting again...

Assuming you got ~$250k (U.S.D.) idle in your coffers, and you were actually in the market for the aforementioned type of platform, which of the following new make/model would you make a move on assertively w/o any doubt/reservations, and why?

- Ferrari F458 Italia (MSRP: ~$231k+)

- McLaren MP4-12C (MSRP: ~$240k+)

- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (MSRP: ~$222k+)

- Porsche 997 911 GT2 (MSRP: ~$215k+)

* please omit the prospect of any special-edition releases (an inevitable forthcoming F458 Challenge/Scuderia in ~4 years, a tuned/track/LeMans edition MP4-12C eventually, the LP 570-4 Superleggera, and Porsche-wise the 918-hybrid, etc')...

Last edited:
If you want to be original then its the Mclaren.

Then I would say GT2 would be the next car I dont see much but not as a wow car as the other 3.

The 458 and lambo will be as common as a Porsche here in so cal once they start arriving in droves.

Most people will buy the Ferrari or Lambo because of the name....of course they are bad ass cars as well, but they got the name....so does mclaren so we'll see how many people in so cal buy it once it comes out.

Last edited:
i got really turned off by the 458's faux bumper fog/brake lighths, just a rant.

Lambo for me. I just like the way those cars look. They are sexy sitting still! Hence the extra speed doesn't really apply to me because it just means I'll get arrested that much faster. But that's me. Not you. :wink::tongue:

Lambo for me. I just like the way those cars look. They are sexy sitting still! Hence the extra speed doesn't really apply to me because it just means I'll get arrested that much faster. But that's me. Not you. :wink::tongue:
I'm with you- my head still turns at every Gallardo...

Ultimately, I'd have to grab the 458 Italia. At that price, I do want some looks to go with my power. The McLaren will probably be the faster car with a great driver but it doesn't look as good to me. For a quarter million bucks, I want something that looks really exotic.

Honestly, though, any of these cars is amazing. In the right color with the right options, I'd have a hard time picking any one over another (except maybe the GT2, which doesn't quite have the looks for the price).

I notice that all four of those links go to Flash presentations.

How's that working for you iPad users? Is Flash dead yet? :biggrin:

FWIW, the McLaren site works fine on the iPad. It'll be interesting to revisit the other sites in 6 months and see if anything's changed.

Myself, I'd take the Ferrari. That's the best looking new F-car in a really long time.

I chose the McLaren, as someone else said those others are going to be everywhere in a couple years. At a recent Cars & Coffee there were 5 f430 Scuderias there. There's usually at least 2 Murcielago SVs there too, so a car has to be pretty damn rare around here it seems to really be rare. In fact when I was there on Saturday I heard a guy mention how he sees NSXs everywhere around here.

Which ever one was still available with a proper manual gearbox :biggrin:

Brian

Back