• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got a ticket for wearing sunglasses

A friend got a ticket on the freeway by the CHP for wearing a sunglasses. What the hell is going on with our tax money?

What can I suggest to fight this? :cool:

Last edited:
Prescription sun glasses.:tongue: Seriously, how can someone get a ticket for wearing sun glasses? Since when is that against the law?

Last edited:
i laughed so hard when I got the call. Anywho, she signed the ticket as such...and will take it to court later. Gotta be the Fashion police like Ojas said....but certified by the CHP. :D

I guess the officer is a moron..... sunglasses? Someone hits the gas pedal and drives through the front of the store..... no citation....... no wonder I get pissed......slow drivers and people who can't drive. I can drive BETTER blowing .20 than these people can driving SOBER....:mad: :eek:

Funny, considering that every biker cop in town wears sunglasses while riding.

42-17008603.jpg

Whats the code on the ticket..that will tell the story on what the citation was really for...
Good post.

I doubt there's a traffic violation code for wearing sunglasses. Poohbear's friend probably exaggerated and doesn't really know what the violation is for.

Let's hear the actual code before we mock the CHP too much.

This is pretty insane. the cop must have been pissed off, when this happens they pull random tickets out of the bag (borderline illegal stuff). If she goes to court mosty likely it will be dropped. something like mentioning they reduce glare. Similar thing happened to me many moons ago. I said i don't want to answer any questions he got pissed and gave me random tickets for dumb stuff, (one being obstruction of view, with an item hanging in my mirror). I went to court and all but the original infraction were dropped.

I'll swing by tomorrow and check out the code on that citation............I like to see that myself. It sounded too dumb. It it really is, I'll be really laughing.

Good post.

I doubt there's a traffic violation code for wearing sunglasses. Poohbear's friend probably exaggerated and doesn't really know what the violation is for.

Let's hear the actual code before we mock the CHP too much.

I am going to bet that it was the type of sunglass being worn. If they have the side piece, like horse blinders, they are illegal while driving. That is the only thing I can recall from being on the job that might explain this. The side piece eliminates your side vision.
Still, pretty CS ticket IMO. If the driver has a good attitude a warning should have been sufficient.

A friend got a ticket on the freeway by the CHP for wearing a sunglasses. What the hell is going on with our tax money?

I know that in Arizona the law stats you must wear sunglasses yet no helmet required while operating a motorcycle. Was the car a convertible? Sunglasses protect your eyes from harmful rays, this should be real funny in court.

I don't know about the State Statutes in your area, but that sounds absolutely ridiculous. I've never heard of such a thing. By all means, post up the statute he wrote on the citation so we can collectively pick it apart to help your friend. Also, if statute doesn't exist or doesn't apply, make a complaint with the police department. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Be sure to wear you sunglasses when you go.

Well here it is.............. 23120VC. Her glasses broke, and used her husband Oakley while driving to keep out the glare.

23120. No person shall operate a motor vehicle while wearing
glasses having a temple width of one-half inch or more if any part of
such temple extends below the horizontal center of the lens so as to
interfere with lateral vision.

Well here it is.............. 23120VC. Her glasses broke, and used her husband Oakley while driving to keep out the glare.

Cairo called it on his last post.

Which model Oakley's was she wearing?

What he said. Which Oakleys are they? I just bought the new Straight Jackets. Did the officer really get out his tape measure to see if her glasses surpassed the 1/2" mark? :confused:

Either way...that cop must be one bitter bastard to ticket someone for wearing sunglasses.

Must be driving at 2am with heavy tinted "sun"glasses that he didnt notice the flashing lights behind? :biggrin:
excuse-me-is-wear-mah-sunglassz-at-nite.jpg

Back