• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got GREAT news today!!!!

Got GREAT news today!!!! (Pics Now Inside!!!)

My NSX I ordered back in May finally arrived at the port in San Diego Yesterday!!!!!!! It's # 173 for 05.

They say it should be here in Florida by the end of the first week of September at the latest.......but MAYBE by the end of this month!!!!!

Last edited:
That's great news, congrats! :smile: I'm sure you'll be even more anxious than ever to pick up the car and get it out on the road where you can enjoy it.

Perhaps you might even consider making it out all the way to AZ this year for NSXPO. :biggrin: That would be a heck of a way to kick off your ownership, by attending the biggest NSX event of the year. Or if you're like nearly everyone else and get bit by the mod bug early, you can pick up some nice items here.

Congrats again and enjoy!

BTW, great color combo you have coming!

Thanks. :biggrin:

I'm not going to be able to make it to the NSXPO this year. But I'm looking forward to next year.....I saw somewhere on the board that it's going to be in Orlando next year and that's my home town. :smile:

I almost forgot.......does anybody have a number on how many they are making this year? I'm wondering how close mine is to the end.

awesome news, maybe they will drop it by here in LA on its way to you so I can give it a break in?? mines been in body shop for 2 weeks:-(
l

NSXCELERATE said:
mines been in body shop for 2 weeks:-(
What body shop did you take it to and what happened?

Congrats on your '05 confirmation. What color is it? I bet you're getting a bit anxious by now. :D I also recommend getting a clear bra installed as soon as the 90 days from factory paint has passed.

NSX-Tuner said:
Congrats on your '05 confirmation. What color is it? I bet you're getting a bit anxious by now. :D I also recommend getting a clear bra installed as soon as the 90 days from factory paint has passed.

Yeah, a bit anxious would sum it up!! I'm going for the Long beach blue pearl w/ camel interior. I've only seen it in pictures, but I love blue, so i'm sure I'll like it. I keep going back and forth on the clear bra...can't decide. :confused:

tbck2793 said:
Yeah, a bit anxious would sum it up!! I'm going for the Long beach blue pearl w/ camel interior. I've only seen it in pictures, but I love blue, so i'm sure I'll like it. I keep going back and forth on the clear bra...can't decide. :confused:

My Dad has an 04 long beach blue pearl NSX and he got a clear bra and it is great. Really saves on that beautiful front end front stone chips. BTW...Congrats on the NSX! The blue turns soooooooo many heads. :biggrin:

whats this clear bra everyone is talking about?

wait....i'll use search

SilverStone05 said:
whats this clear bra everyone is talking about?

wait....i'll use search

It is a super strong clear film that takes the place of the cumbersome black vinyl bras. If you have questions, feel free to PM me and I will help as much as I can. Afterall....I install the stuff. ;)

I just went to the NSX locator on Acura's webpage and it lists my car as being available at my dealership..........

............hope that means it's on a truck on it's way here from San Diego!!!!!!! :biggrin:

tbck2793 said:
My NSX I ordered back in May finally arrived at the port in San Diego Yesterday!!!!!!! It's # 173 for 05.

They say it should be here in Florida by the end of the first week of September at the latest.......but MAYBE by the end of this month!!!!!

WOW!! ConGRATULATions!!! *~*~*

tbck2793 said:
I just went to the NSX locator on Acura's webpage and it lists my car as being available at my dealership..........

............hope that means it's on a truck on it's way here from San Diego!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Niiice! Where you buy it ?

p.s. Pleez post photos of your new babie*!

MiamiMermaid said:
Niiice! Where you buy it ?

p.s. Pleez post photos of your new babie*!

Fountain Acura in Orlando.

I'll definitely post pics as soon as I get it.

My salesperson told me last night that he'd either be calling me today or tomorrow night at the latest to let me know if it's on a truck on it's way here yet.

tbck2793 said:
Fountain Acura in Orlando.

I'll definitely post pics as soon as I get it.

My salesperson told me last night that he'd either be calling me today or tomorrow night at the latest to let me know if it's on a truck on it's way here yet.

Awesome, I had checked with them back in July when I decided to search one out. They had said they were only getting one more in for the year, must be yours :smile: . I just got my black/camel '05 this Tuesday, we should have a mini meet when you get yours, black and blue...the best colors! :cool:

Bryan04 said:
Awesome, I had checked with them back in July when I decided to search one out. They had said they were only getting one more in for the year, must be yours :smile: . I just got my black/camel '05 this Tuesday, we should have a mini meet when you get yours, black and blue...the best colors! :cool:

Congratulations on getting yours!! I'd definitely like to meet up with some other local owners once I get mine. Where did you find it?

tbck2793 said:
Congratulations on getting yours!! I'd definitely like to meet up with some other local owners once I get mine. Where did you find it?

Thanks, I got it from Bridgewater Acura in NJ. The 5 days it took to ship to me felt like an eternity, I couldn't imagine being you and having to wait months! I'd go nuts :eek:

Bryan04 said:
Thanks, I got it from Bridgewater Acura in NJ. The 5 days it took to ship to me felt like an eternity, I couldn't imagine being you and having to wait months! I'd go nuts :eek:

Cool, they seem like a good dealership. The guy from there who posts on here is always really helpful. :smile:

And YES, it has been a very long wait. But it will be worth it.
Just got off the phone with my salesperson and he said he won't know for sure until Monday when it will be here, but it will definitely be anytime now.

Just got the call. My NSX is here at the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going right after work to see it and do the paperwork.......but I can't bring it home until tomorrow morning, because there's nobody working today that can do the PDI inspection since it's a holiday. So I guess I'll be too sick to go to work tomorrow!!!! :biggrin:

I'll take some pictures and post them tonight. I'll also be trading my TSX in on an RL.

tbck2793 said:
Just got the call. My NSX is here at the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going right after work to see it and do the paperwork.......but I can't bring it home until tomorrow morning, because there's nobody working today that can do the PDI inspection since it's a holiday. So I guess I'll be too sick to go to work tomorrow!!!! :biggrin:

I'll take some pictures and post them tonight. I'll also be trading my TSX in on an RL.

Well get off of the computer and go take those pictures!! :D

Sorry I didn't get the pics up sooner, but we went to eat after leaving the dealership this afternoon.

Got all the papers signed but can't pick up the car until tomorrow morning after the PDI. I got the $799 lease deal with the $4,100 down just like they promised........ but instead of the residual being $59,244 like it was on the original lease...... my residual ended up being only $56,244 because they said Honda lowered the residual since the lease ended and they just had to eat the difference since they promised me the original lease. so I guess saving all that money on the buyout at the end was worth waiting the 3 1/2 months for the car.

There's a link to some of the pics I took below. I don't know how to make them come up in the thread.

The car is kind of dusty in the pics because I told them I do not want them to do any kind of washing on the outside. I can't wait to take it home tomorrow and detail it really good.

It has a build date of July on the door jamb,........is the paint cured enough for me to be able to use Zaino polish on it now or do I need to wait longer before I do that????

Anyway, click below to see the pics I took today........I'll post better ones once it's home and detailed.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/redhe...//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/redheifer8/my_photos

Back