• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got the NSX detailed! Car looks absolutely AMAZING.

For anyone in the Kansas City area... Jeremy at Attention 2 Detail in Lenexa, KS does an AMAZING job detailing cars. As you can see in the pics below, my NSX was decent from 20 ft, but had some serious swirl issues the closer you got to it... Now she's shining again! Below is the post Jeremy made on a few other forums to show the quality of his work.

Enigmas NSX is a great example of a very straight and well maintained NSX that suffers from lots of washing without protection. It looks great from 20ft but then you get up close and see the swirls. Well after seeing Honads slick top he knew who could cure those swirls. Heres a little picture documentation:

NSX arrives
PS1.jpg

Swirls in the paint
PS2.jpg

More swirl shots
PS3.jpg

Pulling the car into the shop, the swirls really show up
PS4.jpg

Swirls and haze in the decklid
PS5.jpg

50/50 of the hood after first stage polishing
PS6.jpg

50/50 of the passenger door after first stage polishing
PS7.jpg

Reflection shot on the passenger rear quarter panel
PS8.jpg

50/50 of the rear decklid after first stage polishing
PS9.jpg

Floor mats before
PS10.jpg

Having fun with swirls, tape and polish
PS11.jpg

50/50 of first and second stage polishing
PS12.jpg

One slick NSX
PS13.jpg

Dripping wet paint
PS14.jpg

Interior all cleaned and uv protected. Mats shampooed
PS15.jpg

Reflection outside
PS16.jpg

Another interior shot
PS17.jpg

Great example of an NSX
PS18.jpg

1992 Acura NSX brochure cover, lol
PS19.jpg

One last deep reflection shot
PS20.jpg

agreed they did an awesome job. im sold with their work and if there was a detailer in southern cali that can produce that same quality work i would give them some business.

Wow! Car looks great. Just curious... i'm thinking about buying a black car... after you get a job like this done... what the hell can you do to prevent the swirls from coming back?

Is there any kind of wash treatment/process that won't leave swirls?

Wow! Car looks great. Just curious... i'm thinking about buying a black car... after you get a job like this done... what the hell can you do to prevent the swirls from coming back?

Is there any kind of wash treatment/process that won't leave swirls?

Yes, use high quality microfiber towels when, washing/waxing/quick detailing. And make sure you remove the damn tags off the towels too. They'll create swirls. I personally detail my own car and have done it for friends up here in Seattle area for about 1 1/2 years now.

Typically I'll do a 5+ step process (11-15hrs of work) that depends on how severe the exsisting swirls are. One way to prevent new swirls is to apply a sealant on the car after it's been polished.

Quick tip, if you are using a microfiber towel and you accidently drop it on the ground, DO NOT USE IT until it's been washed properly... There's lots of details about keeping a new finish looking new, but I don't want to write an esay...hehe

Last quick tip, when doing any kind of clean-up on your car, always follow a North, South, East, West pattern. Never wipe in a circular motion, and if possible, start from the front of the car and work to the back.

Hope some of that helps.

Back