• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GPW complete rebuild by Ben at Daisy Import Auto

I bought this NSX over the summer after many months of searching. I looked all over for a clean red car to match my red S2000 until this GPW white showed up. My goal all along was to have a nice NSX to restore to what I call OEM+ condition. To me, that is having the car stock as possible but upgrading components to make it more modern, better handling, braking, and powerful while still looking stockish.

Unfortunately for me, I had some engine trouble early on. The engine had 138,000 miles on it and blew a head gasket and ringland. We could have just done the gasket and new piston but after talking to Ben we decided to go all out. I found out about Ben through NSX prime and am very glad I did. Before I bought my car, Ben helped me out over the phone and gave me a lot of advice on NSX’s, this is before I ever spent a single dime with him. It was clear to me Ben was all about the NSX community. After a lot of research, my two best options were a SOS engine package or have Ben rebuild it. Ben developed a package for me that was a full OEM rebuild with all new rings, bearings, seals, and gaskets throughout as well as the heads completely redone. I wanted this car to be rock solid for another 25 years of operation so we upgraded known trouble areas and improved where we could while keeping things as OEM as possible. Upgrades included SOS LMAs, SOS oil pump, cometic headgasket, and ARP headstuds. I sorted through tons and tons of posts on various failure components in our cars on this forum so we could address any known trouble areas. After 2 days of research I only find out what Ben knew right off the top of his head, it was clear to me that this was the right guy for the job.

Ben gave me a very competitive price and the work began. On top of the rebuild, we were addressing a number of other issues throughout the car to make it perfect. They call Ben the NSX whisperer but I think of him more as the NSX therapist. He knows these cars inside and out and makes the owners feel good about the project. We love these cars and it can be stressful taking on a project like this. Ben is very clear and walks you through everything and makes you feel good about the work being performed. Ben kept me posted on any issues he saw throughout the car and we ended replacing any component that showed age/mileage related issues. Mechanically, every component on the car has been refreshed.

I have the car back and it is better than ever! I fell in love with this car all over again. It is simply incredible. In a random conversation with Ben one day I told him I can’t wait to get it back and install the new springs and spacers as well as detail it. Ben being Ben of course said just drop the parts off here and he will do it while the motor is rebuilt. How awesome is that! Both Ben and Cliff really treated the car like it was their own and exceeded any expectations I had.

Keep in mind I don’t go to shops for work and have done all my own builds over the last 10 years. My standard is very high and I am meticulous with my work. I went through the car and every bolt, nut, and line is ran like factory. I couldn’t be more pleased with the car and the work performed. Ben and Cliff did a lot of small things while the car was apart to make it just right. These are things I wasn’t invoiced for but that they just did because they want every NSX to be the best it can be.

All in all, I can’t rave enough about my experience. I am more than ecstatic to have my car back. I’m a guy who really enjoys tinkering and modifying car. My only complaint is now I have nothing left to the do with the NSX except drive it!

I’m sure it is not news to anyone that Daisy Import Auto is a great place to take your NSX. I’ve read numerous reviews before ever going there and all have been positive. I just wanted to share my own experience as a new NSX owner.

Enough of the yapping, on to the pictures of the car!

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome work. Congrats.

Great write-up and enjoyed the photos!
Welcome to awesome NSX ownership - you'll be a happy camper for many miles now.

So that was YOUR NSX on the first lift! Beautiful and the stance is sweet. I've seen it progress over the last few months as I make a habit of dropping in on Ben & Crew, pizza in hand. He always has at least 6 NSXs in his care and there is no one on the planet I would trust with mine except for Ben, Cliff and the guys. They always go way above and beyond, and Ben's expertise and attention to detail is priceless. And to think he's only a 30 minute drive from my house!
Congrats.
AJ

Warm fuzzies here. :)

Congrats on the new ride, and big handwave from a fellow (though, sadly, former) S2000 owner.

I just had my 2000 NSX "refreshed" by Ben in August of this year. I saw your car on the lift while I was there. Ben knows more about the NSX than Honda at this point I believe. My car looks and drives like it's just left the showroom floor. Every system on the car has been addressed as needed after 17 years and it's ready for another 17 at least. I can't believe how well the engine runs now. I thought it was just fine before, but it's way better now.

Daisy Auto. The best. Ben and Cliff and all the rest of the staff at Daisy are a godsend for NSX owners.

Back